Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gratitude Challenge: Part I

This is the time of year when many of us take the time to step back and acknowledge all the things in our lives that we thankful for.

I personally am thankful to see other people being thankful--whether it's one month of the year or all 12.


Last year, as part of my 12 in 2012 series, I focused on having a gratitude attitude throughout the month of November, and while it was my favorite month of the year- long project, I decided to go a different direction for this year-- the 21 Day Gratitude Challenge by Kind Spring.


Each morning, I've enjoyed opening my email and finding the day's question, and even though I am just now getting around to writing about each question, I've appreciated the way the prompts have caused me to look at gratitude through a wider lens.

Here are Days 1-10.

Day 1- What do you have enough of?
"Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me"

Day 2- What do you know you can never repay?
God's gift of life and salvation

Day 3- What do you take for granted?
My job-- It's easy to complain about work, especially when the alarm clock goes off too early and the guilt kicks in when I have to pick the kids up late. But, I am really lucky to have job, especially when so many others don't. I am even luckier to have a job in a field I love and care about.

Day 4- What inconvenience are you grateful for?
One really hard part of being a work-outside-the- home mom is balancing work hours with getting two kids dressed and out of the house. Then there's pick-up, which is a delicate balance of leaving the office at just the right time, hitting all the lights just right time, and getting just the right break in traffic to make the left turn into their school parking lot. Some days I wish I could just make Marty do drop-off and pick-up; better yet, I wish I could just not work, and thereby avoid the daily rigamarole. But, in this inconvenience reside some blessings, too: time in the car to sing with the kids, the opportunity for them to go to a great school and learn, time for me to have some quiet time...

Day 5- What is your most precious memory?


Day 6- Which artist lights your world?

Eric Church.
Love him.
"Springsteen."
Brilliant.


Day 7- How have you changed for the better?
There is no doubt that my children have taught me to be more patient, more understanding, more loving...

Day 8- What do you know that you never want to forget?

Day 9- What is the greatest compliment you have ever given/received?
Someone once called me a "wordsmith." One, anyone who has ever written knows how good this affirmation feels. Two, it came from someone I really respect.

Day 10- What's the best advice you ever received?
"Just keep moving." In the midst of a life crisis, I just wanted to curl into a ball and disappear. I cried in agony, wondering what I should do. The answer, "Just keep moving." And, so I did.
***
I'd love to hear your answers to any of these questions. Leave a comment here or on Facebook!

Tomorrow I will post 11-21. Interested in learning more about the challenge? Visit Kind Spring's website or their Facebook page.

1 comment:

Rory Bore said...

Nice song - I enjoyed that.

Definitely cannot repay God's gift.

Having my children - well, technically that is 3 separate Precious moments for me.

I think the greatest thing I now know, is myself. I know who I am, and I cannot be swayed, manipulated or tricked into being something I am not. It's more than just a confidence; it's an assurance too I think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...