Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gratitude Challenge: Last Day

Oops.

I had all intentions of posting my final day of the 21 Day Gratitude Challenge on, most appropriately, Thanksgiving Day.

But, I think you'll understand why I was a bit preoccupied with other things--like living-- once you see the last prompt. As a matter of fact, I got so caught up in the living that here it is-- Saturday-- and I am just now putting some thoughts down.

Again, once you see the prompt, I think you'll understand.

Ready for it?

It's one that is going to stop you in your tracks. Or at least it should.

Day 21: If this were your last day, how would you spend it?

The older I get, the more I realize this question is way less hypothetical than it was when I was younger. Not because I see myself knocking on the door of the old folks' home, but more because I have seen way too many people leave this life too soon.

I've written before about the massive anxiety I faced after the Babies were born-- a crippling fear of leaving them too soon.

This post isn't meant to be a Debbie Downer as much as a reminder that life is fickle. We have to grab on and love like crazy.

Because, if you ask me, love is what endures.

So, if it was my last day, I'd surround myself with love...
  • Warm bed and warm embraces
  • Sun on my shoulders and sand on my feet
  • Hugs and kisses and laughs with my children
  • Time with my parents, my sister, my brother, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, cousins, friends...
  • Laughs
  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Words-- love letters to my family to remind them how much I loved them and always will
  • More hugs.
  • More sun.
  • More love.
What activity we'd do that day matters less to me than who is there and the fact that we'd be doing it together.

This Thanksgiving I was blessed to have lived the day like it was my last.

We slept in and cuddled. While we weren't at the beach, we did enjoy the warmth of the sun on an otherwise cold day. I hugged and kissed my Babies (again and again). We spent the day at my Grandma's house with much (but not all) of our family. We laughed and reminisced. We ate (not macaroni and cheese), but many of my other favorite foods. I took a long nap, snuggled between Emily and Andrew. I kissed them all. Again. I said "I love you." Again. I watched TV with my aunt and my Grandma-- in no hurry to leave. I rode home with Marty and laughed and joked like we had all the time in the world.

Time.

Love.

Family.

Yes, if this were my last day, I'd like to use my time to love my family...

****
In case you missed them, you can find Days 1-10 here and Days 11-20 here.
****
If you've been around MaMe Musings for a while, you will probably recall the "Unwrapping Your Gifts" series I have hosted during the Christmas season.

This year, I am not as organized, but I would still like to open my blog home to my family and friends. If you are interested in writing a guest post, please leave me a comment here (with your email address) or a comment on Facebook.

Here's what is most important-- you don't have to be a writer or have a blog to participate!

You just need to have something to share-- a story, a recipe, a craft idea, a love note to your family, a blessing, a photograph. Anything you love.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...