Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Birthdays-- According to Three Year Olds

A snippet of a conversation I had with Emily and Andrew on the way to school...

Guess who has a birthday this weekend?

We had a birthday!

I know you did. But this weekend, Daddy has a birthday.

Is he going to have a party at the bounce house?

I want to have a party at the bounce house!

Is he going to have a cake?

Mommy, if he drops his cake, he can get another one.

Is he going to be two? He's going to be two because he has a back and legs (as she holds up two fingers).


What do you think we should get Daddy for his birthday?

Let's go to Wal-Mart and get him a party hat! (as he throws his arms up in the air)


Happy Birthday, Daddy Marty! Have fun bouncing. Don't worry about dropping your cake--we'll get you more. After all, you're only two (three, tops) in your kids' eyes and they think you look fabulous in a party hat! What more do you need?



3 comments:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

So cute! Did you get him a party hat?

Rory Bore said...

LOL. Yes - we demand pics of the party hat!! haha

I don't think I ever loved my children more than when they very seriously asked me if was 20 years old.
and then I realized, 20 - seems really really old to a 3 year old.

Happy Birthday Marty!!

Tami said...

Welcome Back!! I've missed you. Happy birthday Marty!!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...