Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

P&C Week 11: Next Day

A couple of weeks ago, we made the decision to separate Emily and Andrew at school.

What happened "next day"?


While it's too early to say definitively that we made the right decision, at this point, I can share that it seems to be working out for the best.

When we get to school in the morning, we arrive at Andrew's class first.

Almost invariably, he says, "I am going into MY room!"

And, if Emily tries to go in with him, he says, "No, it's MY room."

(Now, once we are in there, it's a different story. Just like when he was in the room with Emily, he clings to me and doesn't want me to go. This grueling morning routine hasn't changed).

But, he seems to enjoy having something--his room--that is his own.

While Emily usually goes easily into her room, sometimes leaving me behind, there was one day last week when she had a complete meltdown--she wanted her Drew Bear.

Thankfully, the teacher didn't miss a beat in offering to let Emily go over and have her morning snack in Drew's class. (It would have broken my heart to leave for work thinking that Emily was crying for Drew and couldn't see him).


Separate. Together. Fights. Hugs. Love. Makes me smile like Peas and Cheese.

4 comments:

Jill Jankoski said...

Very cool. Sounds like a great mommy (and daddy) made a great decision and that you're blessed with wonderful teachers who've got the experience to know what to do. :)

Jenni said...

I'm glad they are doing well! Sounds like you made a good choice! I made the hard decision to separate my girls into separate beds a few days ago and I cried so hard about it...I felt the same way- my heart was tearing into 2 little pieces. What a strange thing being a mom of twins is, huh?!

Kerry said...

Awwww how sweet!! Good to hear they are loving their own rooms at school, yet so cute that Emily wanted to see her brother!!

Tami said...

That was a sweet gesture the teacher did for Emily. I'm impressed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...