Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The best part of wakin' up...

The best part of wakin' up?

Nope.

Not Folger's in my cup.

Image Credit


First of all...


But, more importantly, how could coffee (and you know how I love my coffee) ever compare to the those sweet early morning moments when...

I walk quietly into the Babies' room and sit by their beds, soaking in their beauty.

I look at their cute feet, sticking out of their covers.

I smile at much they sleep like me--legs and arms everywhere--sometimes sideways across the bed.

I notice the way their hair falls across the pillow.

Emily usually stirs first--like she did yesterday morning.

The conversation is always amusing.

Yesterday, she seemed to confuse waking up with our nighttime routine. She asked if there was money for the piggy bank, followed by, "Mommy, we forgot to say our prayers. Who are we going to pray for?"

Then, there are the sleepy hugs. And breakfast requests...

Pancakes!
Waffles!
Cereal!

And, Drew.

I just love watching him wake--slowly and grumpily.

His arms start moving first, followed by his legs. Sometimes he moves into a full-body tantrum (usually when he's awakened against his will).

But, then there are morning like yesterday morning, when he wakes sweetly, when he gently croaks, "Morning, Mommy."


Five minutes.

That's how long the magic lasts.

Once all the feet hit the floor, it's on.

And, I don't just mean the Keurig.

Image Credit

3 comments:

Colleen said...

haha! love this. that's one of my favorite things to watch my little ones sleep. it's such a good chance to take them in and just look at how beautiful they are.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

This is beautiful, Melissa! That twilight bliss doesn't last long, though...gotta savor it while it does! :)

[Meanwhile, I will be stuck singing the Folgers commercial -- and laughing at the "coffee snob" poster -- all day. Thanks!] ;)

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Cute. I have to admit that I look forward to that first cup of tea in the morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...