Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Our Whole World

Have you seen it? Heard about it? Wondered about it? Sensed it?

What???

The Crazy....

The Crazy we've been hiding behind the calm facade of this blog.

In truth, we've been living in Crazy Land--doing our best to hide it-- for almost two months...

...the two months since we took the Babies out of daycare.

And, yes. We are still working full-time--kind of.

How did we survive?

Without going into the messy details, let's just say we've made it with the help of generous family and friends and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and vacation days that were anything but a vacation.

Originally, we planned just a short break while we found a new daycare/preschool, but after we looked at the number of days they would be out for holidays, we decided to try to wing it until after the holidays. (Oh, think about the money we'll save for Christmas!)

Winging it doesn't even begin to explain how crazy hard it's been, especially when you factor in the hectic Christmas season.

There's an old joke that goes something like, "You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it."

I am convinced that quality childcare is expensive for very similar reasons.

All bad jokes aside, I am actually quite thankful for the time because it allowed us to be thorough and thoughtful in our choice of a new preschool.

After all, as their new teacher said, "I know when you leave your children with us, you are leaving us with your whole world."

And, so, this morning, we packed up our whole world (along with change of outfits, winter coats, pull-ups, wipes, blankets for nap time, enrollment forms, a large check, and fruit for the class fruit bowl) and headed off to their new school.

Within seconds, they were at home, digging into the Lego Blocks, barely looking up to tell us good-bye.

Our whole world.

While I was in NYC, Marty called one of our friends, Selena, to help watch the Babies so he could get some work done and get out of the house (for his sanity more than anything).

She's great with the Babies and not just because she works in a preschool during the day. Of course, it doesn't hurt, especially when she uses her teacher creativity to leave me some surprises.

Seeing these sweet pieces of candy hanging unexpectedly on my plate rack in the dining room made me smile, and it reminded me of how much I missed getting handmade goodies from the Babies' daycare.

Then, I walked upstairs and found these reindeer waiting to bring me some more Christmas cheer. Since it's my side of the vanity, I guess it's okay if I leave them up until at least Easter, right?

I even found a surprise in the Christmas tree. These Babies were craft machines!



So, today, as I breath a sigh of relief as life returns to its normal pre-November 2012 state of chaos, I want to pause and say THANK YOU to each of you who has ever watched over and nurtured "our whole world." You've changed our world more than you'll ever know.







6 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Wow!!! I knew you were leaving your last daycare...but I didn't realize you hadn't officially started a new one. I can only imagine the balancing act that's been for you guys!

I hope you all had a great first day! Wishing a smooth transition for all of you!!!

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Goodness - that Selena sounds like a KEEPER!!!

I know your babies will do great in their new home away from home. It's transitions like these that make us thankful we have twins, right? It's nice for them to have one another.

Hope you guys love your decision!

Rory Bore said...

WOW! I didn't realize you hadn't started a new daycare! you guys are officially my new heroes!
and your crafty sitter should seriously consider hiring herself out! Those crafts are too cute!
Glad all went well the first day - must be big relief for you.

Colleen said...

I read this last night and was thinking woah!!! that had to be hard! I loved the cute little projects the kids made for you.

Tami said...

This preschool teacher applauds Selena!
This preschool teacher is yearning to have your babies in my daycare!
This preschool teacher is smiling, knowing all the fun Drew and Emily are going to have!
xoxo

Heather B said...

WOoo! Crazy! Glad it gave you the time to find the right daycare, though. Your babies are too precious to put just anywhere. Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...