Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bringing Back the Peas & Cheese

Whew.

Halfway through January and I am already trying to catch my breathe.

Don't get me wrong.

I am not complaining. It's not that things aren't good.

It's just feels like we haven't completely found our groove yet.

There's so much we're working on: waking up early so I can have time to read a morning devotional, getting the Babies to their new school, getting myself to work and back, doing grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, surviving our bedtime routine that takes forever, spending time with my husband, carving out time for my friends, exercise, showering...

And blogging? You know, that thing that was supposed to slow me down so I could savor and remember all the little things?

Oh, right. Blogging--

One of the things that I haven't worked into my 2013 routine--yet.

Today was the first day I've really been able to get around and visit some of my favorite blogs, respond to all of the kind comments, and think about some more riveting content to share in the new year. As I caught up with my blog buds, I realized, once again, how blogging, writing, and sharing enrich my life in so many ways, making me better at all of those things I struggle to balance.

Instead of feeling eaten up by all of the minutiae of daily life, blogging reminds me to look for the beauty and purpose in it.

Two of my favorite twin mom blogs, My Twintopia and Cherry Pie Twins, are both doing a Project 52 photo challenge. The goal of each is to document those ordinary extraordinary moments of daily life--once a week, all year long.

A year in pictures? Documenting the little things?

I'm in!

As I thought more about the project, it reminded me of something I started last year and didn't follow through on: Makes Me Smile Like Peas and Cheese.

The idea behind Peas and Cheese was to post, on a regular basis, some of those little things that made me smile and to invite others to do the same.

So, without further delay, I'm bringing back the Peas and Cheese and swirling it together with the fabulous Project 52 to create a deliciously adorable weekly post in which I post a picture that makes me smile.

If you blog, join in and post a link in the comments so I can visit! If you follow just on Facebook, why not post what's making you smile like peas and cheese? Or, just click over here and get a healthy helping of sweetness.

Peas and Cheese: Week One

Surprisingly, the piggy banks Santa brought Emily and Drew have been one of their favorite gifts. They love it when we give them a couple of coins to drop in their banks before bedtime.


What's making you smile like peas and cheese?



6 comments:

yetunde said...

I love the spin you're putting on this and yes dropping some change in the kids' piggy bank makes me excited.

I look forward to the pics you have to share. Thanks for joining the fun

Tasha said...

SOunds like fun! I can't wait to see all your cheesy pictures of those sweet babies...which really do not look like babies anymore.

Colleen said...

My E has the same piggy bank and they both love doing the same! Can't wait to see more : )

senner2+2 said...

My boys also got piggy banks...they LOVE putting money in!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

That is waaaaaaaay cute. The clink of coins is a happy sound, for sure!

Tami said...

Love the photo!! I remember the piggy banks my boys had. I have one that was my grandmothers. It's ceramic, filled with money. It doesn't have a place to remove the money though. The only way out is to break it open. And I am NOT doing that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...