Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year in Review

Somewhere, not long after Emily and Andrew were born, I saw a saying that has stuck with me:

"The days are long but the years are short."

When I look back on 2012, never has the truth of these words been seen so clearly.

While my 2012 began with tears of sorrow, I can say tonight that it ends with tears of thankfulness and of hope.

Here's a look back before we put 2012 in the books and forge ahead into 2013.

January

January was supposed to be a month of order but life had other plans. Through the storm, I used writing as a way to cope with our heartbreaking loss while continuing to record the blessings of our everyday lives.

February

In February, we sought a change of scenery to continue our process of grieving and healing. By the end of the month, we found some laughter (even if it was at Drew's expense) and some beauty.

March

In March, our babies turned 21 (months old). I had no problem finding 21 things to tell Emily and 21 things to tell Drew. It's not hard when you have kids as wise as mine.

April

Looking back at April reveals a preoccupation with time--time well-spent, time we wouldn't waste, and moments in time.

May

On the heels of twins behaving badly, May began with a much-needed weekend away and the month ended with me sharing our new favorite home away from home.

June

With only three posts in all of June, MaMe Musings' faithful were left wondering what happened to us. We had temporarily relocated to Sesame Street.

July

In July, MaMe turned two and I confessed about my absence in blog world.

August

In August, I resumed my incessant blogging about my Babies, and this month was Drew's turn to have his say. Then I dared people to unbaby me. But, really, who would want to unbaby me when I offer cuteness such as THIS??

September

In September, I kept it real: real messes, real parenting, and real reminders.

October

I confess...the highlight of October was Disney--first our trip then our Halloween costumes.

November

Gratitude was the value for November, and I had no shortage of things for which I was thankful.

December

Passion was December's value, and heaven knows, I needed to be reminded of the importance of well-spent energy. While I didn't achieve maximum operating efficiency, I did manage to have moments where all was right with the world (and when it wasn't, well-- I made the best of it). But, by far, my favorite posts were the ones, like this one, that I didn't write.

Happy New Year to each of you!
See you in 2013!










7 comments:

Tami said...

I'm glad you began blogging again and I am happy I have gotten to know you.
Happy New Year!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I love how you did this because it goes deeper than a recap. Happy New Year!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Happy New Year. I wish you a wonderful 2013.

amoryg said...

Happy 2013!!! I liked your recap too. :) But so sorry about your loss, I must gave started reading after. Big hugs!

Colleen said...

Happy New Year M!!!

Rory Bore said...

All I can say is that I am so so glad you "bloggy pit" was brief and that no one "unbabied" you! It's been wonderful being on the Mame journey!! More, more more in 2013! (no pressure or anything though - haha)
Happy New Year!

Kerry said...

Happy 2013 to you and your family Melissa!! I have loved following your journey this past year and can't wait to continue to do so xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...