Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tuesday Morning Jams

#20 Today I am thankful for: music (and follow through, meetings that end early, healthy chocolate, and puzzles).


So, I made it to my 6:00 am yoga class, and it was AWESOME!

I wasn't sure I would feel awake enough, let alone flexible enough, for such an early class.

I wasn't sure I would have enough skills to complete an open, assisted class (as opposed to an instructional class).

Groggily, I rolled out of bed at 5:30, made a protein shake, and slinked reluctantly into the car.

After a pretty intense 45 minute "rise and shine" session, I felt like I had consumed three cups of coffee--but I hadn't.

Jacked up and more sweaty than I expected to be from "stretching," I jumped in the car, turned on the radio, and jammed out to...

Willie's Roadhouse on XM.

Who knew Willie Nelson had his own XM station?? (Thanks, Kelly, for borrowing my car and leaving the radio on a new station!)

Nothing like a little old time country to get you going in the morning!

Waylon, Willie, and the boys...

Loretta Lynn...

Conway Twitty...

Dolly Parton...

Charlie Pride!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Love Yoga!!! It is a great workout. I miss having somewhere close by to attend a class.
Good for YOU for getting up and getting it done!
Your new eating and exercise plan has been on my mind! I need to make some changes as well. It is the getting started part that is hard for me. And this next month is going to make it cRaZy!
I am proud of you for following through. Happy Thanksgiving!

Colleen said...

good for you!! I've struggled with that early morning work-out time but in the end it feels so good to have it complete.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So glad you enjoyed your class!

And thanks for the throw-back list of country songs. I'll have to find that on XM.

I haven't listened to country music since high school, but I really love some of the oldies (up through the mid-90's).

And wanna know how OLD I am??? I had "Kiss an Angel Good Morning" on 8-track! hahaha!

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to you and yours, Melissa! Hope you have a great long weekend!

Tami said...

Willie has his own XM station? I don't know many songs by Willie Nelson but I do know he made a song with Toby Keith. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...