Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Gratitude Attitude

Reflecting on October’s Value: Curiosity

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity." Albert Einstein

Without a doubt, this was one of the most entertaining months in my 12 in 2012 project.

It’s fun being curious.

We started our month in Disney, and there’s nothing quite like watching two years olds
discover the magic of Disney to rekindle your own sense of wonder and imagination. I could almost hear myself saying “Where dat come from.”

Source: etsy.com via Melissa on Pinterest



I found myself making more time to listen, to be more curious of other people’s stories--asking “why” or simply seeking to understand why.

In a highly charged political season, seeking first to understand can be even more challenging than usual. As I always told my students, it nevers hurts to study the other side’s arguments. At a minimum, it will strengthen your own beliefs; at most, you might find yourself evolving in your understanding to the point where you opinion changes.

I’ve spent some of my month getting curious about myself, too. As many of you know, I have struggled over the past year with redefining myself and finding my purpose. Becoming a mom and getting older have a way of shaking up things, making you realize that “when I grow up” has arrived.

While I am not ready to completely share where my curious inquiries are taking me,
I can finally say I see pieces coming together. I am continuing to pray for God’s guidance and clarity as I move forward, but I am confident that 2013 is going to see me moving in some new directions—personally, professionally, spiritually, and emotionally.

Questioning this month's value reminded me to be more patient with Emily and Drew’s questions. There are few things more exasperating and beautiful than a child x 2's curiosity.



Finally, I learned more about YOU, my dear readers! I loved seeing what an eclectic mix of readers I have and I was blessed by each of your comments. Truly, the community is one of the main reason I continue to blog.

I bet you are all curious about the giveaway winner, right? Hang on! I am going to prolong the suspense by waiting until the end to reveal the winner. Just trying to build your curiosity skills...

Looking Ahead to November: Gratitude

This month's value is GRATITUDE.


In the season of Thanksgiving, I think this value is going to be a natural fit. Something tells me I will run out of days before I run out of reasons to be grateful.

In my Internet travels recently, I stumbled upon this quote, though, that shifted my thinking about gratitude.

“To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” Johannes A. Gaertner

I am taking this quote as a challenge this month; while I speak gratitude and
what I am thankful for, I am also going to spend some time thinking about what it means
to enact gratitude and live gratitude.

Source: oprah.com via Melissa on Pinterest




#1 Today I am thankful for: YOU! I am thankful for each and everyone one of you who joined the Mystery Giveaway by clicking like or follow and leaving a comment. We love you all.


Jodi, Mandy, Tami, Brad, Julia, Samantha, RoryBore, Kelly, Beth, Johanna, Olusola,
Christina, Trish, Caroline, Irish Twin Mommy, Jeff, Joanna, Jill J, Sheila, Cindy Y, Leigh H, Susi K, Brenda C, Sue, Lisa, Martine, Sherri, Sheila V, Bethany, Kathryn, Kristen, Jennifer, Shannon G, Christy P, Janice, Terry, Monica, Crystal

THE WINNER IS....


Cindy, your basket will be ready to go this weekend. We might even hand-deliver it and include some Emily and Drew hugs with it--as an extra bonus. We love you!

MaMe Musings

3 comments:

Tami said...

Do I get a third place prize? ;-)
I want to get fit too, but am having a hard time being accountable to myself. I really WANT to look good, but I Do NOT WANT to go to the gym.
I like your gratitude idea. I want to participate and will send you a reply to the email you sent.
xo

Samantha said...

This was too cute!

Olusola said...

*sniff* did you misspell my name as Cindy :)

Loving all your November thanks-giving posts. Preach it sis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...