Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Calgon, Take Me...home.

#13 Today I am thankful for: my home (and for hugs around the knees, a plate of ice cream to share, a car that brought me safely to my destination, and for a decent hotel room to rest my head).



Home is where the heart is.

Home is where you hang your hat.

There's no place like home.


All the cliches are true, and their truth is never more evident than when you are away from your home, your "hats," and your heart.

It's almost midnight, and normally I'd be snoozing away in the comfort of my own bed in my own house.

But tonight I am 200 miles away, for work, in a hotel room by myself. I've been here about an hour and I am already homesick.

I know these overnight trips are few and far between, and often when I tell people I have to travel overnight, they are quick to say how much I must look forward to that time away.

Don't get me wrong. I love to travel. I love a good vacation.

These trips do not count as either. As lovely as I think my state is, I would much prefer my home to a hotel in the middle of strange city.

Typically, my trips don't involve travel to what you would consider tourist hotspots. And, honestly, after a long day during a site visit, the last thing I want to do is go out on the town--by myself.

In the spirit of gratitude, I am going to try really hard tomorrow to be grateful for this experience, this town and its cultural offerings.

Until then, please excuse me why I wallow in my homesickness.

You might wander how Marty is getting with Em and Drew while I am gone. Oh, he'll be just fine...

Isn't there an e-card for everything?? I saw this one today and I had to laugh. My house might be a mess, but it's MY mess!

Some of you may remember that we had our house on the market for a year or so with no luck. As much as we love our house, we were looking for a new home--somewhere closer to the things we consider more important now that we have kids: schools, parks, church, daycare, neighborhoods with kids the same age as ours. The market just wasn't working with us, so we decided to take it off the market in June and just wait until things turned around.

This week we received a call from the realtor asking if we'd be willing to take a showing. Even though it meant finally getting the crayon drawings off the wall, we said yes, and on Friday, we hope the clients will love our house and want to make it their home.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Good luck on the showing first of all! I could not agree more about "there is NO place like home"!!! I love being at home. Some might even call me freakish about it. I do get out from time to time, but being home is where I am the happiest....with the people I love of course.
Have a safe trip!

Kelly said...

Good luck with your showing!!

And the e cards....I've never seen one i didn't like!

Colleen said...

good luck with the showing! Your front door with that wreath is so inviting!

Kerry said...

I need to watch more of Hoarders just for peace of mind lol
Good luck with the showing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...