Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Where dat come from?

The old saying goes that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. When it comes to Emily and me, nowhere is this truism more evident than in Emily's curious nature.

I might be curious, but this girl...

Seriously, if I hear,

Where dat come from?

one. more. time.

(Just kidding. I truly love how curious toddlers are--most of the time).

But, sweet Emily, I have a few Where dat come from? inquiries for you.

Like,

Where did you learn about kangaroos

And candy corn? (For the record, this is one candy we have not given them--yet).

You exclaiming, "Oh my goodness!"

Or telling me to "be careful!"

Using words like "so" and "actually."

The obsession with train tracks.

And pressing the garage door opener?

Gypsy divers

And red, red gooey fish?

Shoo flies (as in, "Go away, shoo flies!")

Or your concern: "Mommy, where are you? Oh, there you are. You had me worried."

Thinking every time I leave the house I am going to yo-ga class (although I only went 4 times total)?

Why you are so concerned with my activity ("What are YOU doing, Mommy?)

Where you got your big heart that already understands giving, whether it's remembering your brother when we're shopping or wanting to pick out gifts for the little girl who doesn't have any toys?

Your ingenuity, like tonight, when you devised an elaborate scheme to climb to the top of the refrigerator to get to the Halloween candy while all the while telling us you were just "looking"?

Your singing and dancing ability, which surely doesn't come from your mommy?

Your walk? (Just kidding. I know exactly where you got your walk. You walk just like your mommy!)

One thing I will never wonder about...how much I love you, Emily Bee!


Have you entered our GIVEAWAY?

It's easy!

Like us on Facebook by clicking here OR follow us through Google Friends Connect.

AND

Leave a comment on our Facebook page OR here in the comments section.

You can enter every day through October 31 just by liking/following and leaving a comment!












3 comments:

Kerry said...

Now that she knows about Kangaroos, you must tell her about Koalas :)
I've said it a thousand times already, but your kiddos are definately some of the cutest I have ever had the privellage of 'knowing'.

Tami said...

I love the age Emily is at. Toddlers are so curious and repetitive. I have a 1 1/2 year old that I watch in my day care. Her new saying is "What happen?" So very cute!

Beth said...

I love looking at the funny little quirks of toddlers. As for where they come from? That's easy. All of the good ones are from you, the frustrating ones-- from Daddy ;-)

My kids all say, "Shoo fly, don't bother me." I immediately knew where that came from-- my mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...