Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Never Enough...

The Babies finally woke up from their marathon nap on Saturday afternoon, and we enjoyed a nice dinner at Boatwright's, a restaurant right here on our resort. Drew loved the big boat hanging from the ceiling and both of them were impressed with the plates shaped like Mickey ears. Marty and I were impressed with the fact that Emily and Drew made it through dinner with no issues, which, in turn, meant we were able to finish our meal and drinks, too.

After dinner, we rode the boat to Downtown Disney. It was a peaceful ride, and Emily and Drew loved the wind in their hair.

Sunday morning found us up early for our first Mickey park: Animal Kingdom. While nothing can beat the magic of Magic Kingdom, for me, Animal Kingdom comes close. Would the Babies find their first Mickey park worthy of all the build-up?

After a failed attempt at A Bug's Life, we rescued the morning with a ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris--a Jeep ride through Africa. The big animals were a big hit!

During our morning snack time, I finally had enough free hands to get out the camera. As I snapped a few candid shots of my big "babies" eating, Emily holds her finger up and, in the most serious way, says to me, "That's enough."

Excuse me?

I am the mommy, and I will decide when enough is enough.

And, apparently, today is not that day, because...

There were not enough...

Things to climb on

New friends


Surprises

Animals to pet



Things for Drew to ride


Slides to slide down


First encounters




Hugs





Kisses

Noses to grab

Rest

or dirt

Napkins to clean up the ice cream mess

Years in this life to spend with them.

Marty's Disney Tip of the Day: Animal Kingdom's two most popular attractions, Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris, offer the Fast Pass option. Beat the crowds by grabbing a Fast Pass for one before heading out early to ride the other. And, for parents with kids in a stroller, don't forget that there is the Rider Switch option for rides kids can't go on. When you return with your Fast Pass, ask the attendant for a Rider Switch.

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Looks like fun!

Jen Forbes said...

Very cute. Love the picture...

Colleen said...

oh my, she's priceless!!! did your jaw drop open?

Beth said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast! I'm a bit jealous, we still haven't made it to Disney, but I'm really excited to see more!

Miss Megan said...

They are growing up so fast! So cute! It looks like they had such fun!!! AWESOME!

Mom on a Line said...

Love it all, but especially the finger saying no more pictures!!

Olusola said...

Loving the pics and the Marty tips Melissa. Y'all keep enjoying your vacation

Kerry said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, your baby girl cracks me up every time lol
You are in for a treat when she is 12 hehehe
Both kiddos are gorgeous, I bet they just loved meeting Mickey and all his friends, I can't wait to take Liam :)
Enjoy your trip!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...