Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Curiosity didn't kill the cat.

Reflecting on 12 in 2012

The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better. Forget about the future, and live each day according to the teachings, confident that God loves his children. Each day, in itself, brings with it an eternity.-The Alchemist


At first glance, my 12 in 2012 project might seem like so many other New Year's plans: well-intentioned but not well- executed.

After all, I haven't written about a monthly value, my goals, or reflections since (gulp) July.

While I certainly have been busy living (and living my values), I haven't been as intentional about it as I would like. Don't we all need to live a little more of what we love??

As the universe would have it, I received an email yesterday from an awesome fellow twin mom blogger who originally committed to the 12 in 2012 project with me, but, who, like myself, had fallen short of posting a value each month. She wanted to let me know she was recommitting to the project and hoped to finish 2012 strong.

Thank you, Shannon of Double the Blessings, Twice the Love, for the encouragement! It was just what I needed! And, yes. We're going to finish strong!

Looking Ahead to October: Curiosity

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child.
-Ron Wild


We are beginning the month of October on vacation--at Disney World. As a curmudgeonly old woman remarked yesterday in one of the shows, yes, our kids are too young to have lasting memories of this vacation. But unlike her, we think there's value in bringing them.

While quite selfishly, I love to see their expressions, I love to see their natural curiosity at work--

as they see Mickey and Minnie up close...

as they slide down the biggest tree they have ever seen...

as they try to figure out where the water is coming from...

as they explore unknown places with no fear...

as they watch a parade for the very first time...


So my value for October?

Curiosity.

I am going to focus on seeing the world through the eyes of a child.

1. I am going to ask more questions...

As Emily would say, "Where does that come from?

2. I am going to seek out the answers.

As Drew would say, "I want to see it."

Wonder what I will learn?
MaMe Musings

Because you know you're curious...
Marty's Disney Trivia of the Day: Did you know? Disney's Animal Kingdom is so large you can fit Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot inside and still have room to park all the cars for all four parks.


1 comment:

Kerry said...

I believe it is the here and now that matters. No my kids probably won't remember everything about their trips to Disneyland as they get older either, but the fun and excitement they experienced at the time and the million pictures we took is enough for me...Great post! Good luck and if you find out something new that I should know, please share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...