Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Emily's First Haircut

You may recall how hard it was for me to finally agree to chop Drew's chullet. If not, you can click here for a reminder.

Seven months later, we faced another toddler hair situation with Emily. No, not the fem-mullet...

Something that looked more like...
Image Credit

Yes, an adorable baby version of Cousin It.



It's been said that the first cut is the deepest, and when it comes to cutting my babies' hair, I found it to be true. As hard as it was for me to decide to cut Drew's hair, the decision to cut Emily's was surprisingly easy. I didn't even shed a tear.

Emily was just as brave. She walked proudly to the police car chair and sat calmly as the stylist put the drape on her.

Her compliance lasted about one minute, at which point, she decided she didn't want to wear the drape anymore.

From there, she was all smiles.

Until it was time for her souvenir photo.

Mommy knew just how to cheer her up--pedicures!

Although it was Emily's first pedicure, it didn't take her long to figure out what to do.

Relax!

Cute piggies!





10 comments:

Colleen said...

love it!! E has had her nails painted starting very young. it's so darn cute but I am probably creating a monster!

Beth said...

Oh my! That girl is too darn cute! She is so cute sitting so sweetly getting her hair cut. And I love the little girl pedicure-- what a fun girls' day out!

Kelly said...

We had our first hair cuts today too!!
In love with the baby pedicure! so cute!

RoryBore said...

ooohh, look at them cute lil toes!! if it were one of my own DD's I'd take a nibble, but I do realize that might seem a bit strange with someone else' child. awkward.
so um, yeah...cute hair :)

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Oh, those teeny-tiny piggy toes are so stinkin' sweet!!! :)

Glad you did OK (oh, and Em, too!)! HA!

Olusola said...

Cute pretty toes and the salon looks quite fancy but kid-friendly. I didn't even know places like this existed

Johanna Baker said...

I love that she gets pedicures. Did you get matching flowers on your toes? And, you are doing so well... Cam and Gray were almost 3 before I finally headed to get their hair cut. :)

Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog) said...

Adorable. This place is not near me and I'm not sure I know where one is, but the pedicure things is adorable. My daughter would love that.

christina said...

omg i so want to get a pedicure with Lovie!

KERRY said...

Ahhhh love it!! Look at those cute tiny toddler toes lol, she is precious!! I like the new haircut too, she is so adorable :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...