Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blossoming Babies

Today was the Babies' last day in their first daycare class.

Our daycare runs on a school year calendar: children are sorted by their age as of August, and they remain with that group all year.

One short year ago this week, my babies entered the One Year class, and now they are coming out Babies, who, in just a few short days, will enter the Two Year class.

After having someone come to our house that first year, it was a leap of faith for us to put them in a local church daycare full-time.

We had our doubts and fears.

How would we get everyone out of the house on time?

Would the babies be happy in a new environment?

Would they make friends?

Would we like their teachers?

Would they stay sick?

What would they eat?

Would they feel loved and safe?


Thankfully, time and again we have been reassured that we made a good choice for our family.

While we battled the typical colds and stomach bugs that come along with having a bunch of young kids together in a confined space, we also watched Emily and Andrew thrive and blossom.

As a former teacher, I know that working with children is one of the toughest and most rewarding jobs one can perform. As a mom, I find myself appreciating these special individuals even more.

With the year coming to a close, I searched for a tangible way to express my often-unexpressed gratitude for these ladies who cared for my babies-- reading countless stories, kissing boo-boos, encouraging "please" and "thank you," leading them as they blessed their meals and talked to Jesus, rocking them to sleep, teaching them songs...

With a little inspiration from Pinterest, we came up with a small way to show the teachers, the directors, and the cook, our thanks.

I started with one of my favorite pictures from their two year session. (Seriously, Shannon, I love this picture!)


Using Photobucket, I added a special message for their teachers and then used Walgreen's online photo service to send the image directly to my local store for printing.


I found these potted plants (with complimentary floral picks) on sale at the grocery store.

We added gift cards to an envelope that I attached to the back of the homemade cards.

I was pretty happy with the finished product.

One more addition: personal delivery from two sweeties!

We'll miss our One Year teachers but are excited about meeting our new teachers on Monday!







15 comments:

Samantha said...

Sweet gifts!!!!

Jen Forbes said...

Just adorable!

sarita edgerton said...

They look adorable! We loved our church preschooL!

Holli said...

Oh my goodness, the picture of them delivering the flowers is too much. Adorable. :)

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That is super sweet!!! I'm sure those teachers will appreciate it so much. :)

KERRY said...

What an adorable idea and it turned out so beautiful!! Look at your little helpers, they are so cute, really really cute it's ridiculous lol
The teachers will love these for sure!!

Olusola said...

The personal delivery picture takes the cake. I love this idea, it's very personal and not fussy.I'm sure the teachers loved getting these

Tasha said...

GREAT gifts! And precious delivery people!

christina said...

STOP THE CUTENESS!! :) seriously what sweet, thoughtful gifts. lucky teachers. :)

RoryBore said...

oh wow...there should have been a warning: Cuteness Overload!! LOL

what a thoughtful gift and a special way of saying thank you. and your kids are seeing gratitude in action: which is a truly wonderful thing to teach them about Taking the Time to appreciate people. wonderful - good job mama! <3

Colleen said...

Hi Melissa,
Just saw your comment on my blog and thought I would pop on over to say hello. Your kids are so very cute!! I love this idea for the teachers.

Ok, I am off to read more : )

Miss Megan said...

What an awesome idea!!! I love it!
And what a super cute picture too!

Brilliant Melissa, brilliant =)

So glad that your choice to put them in daycare/preschool at the church has been a good one!!!

Awn said...

My mom is a preschool director and teacher, and I can say from experience that while all the chocolate and cookie gifts are yummy, this is the kind that she appreciates much more. :)

Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog) said...

How adorable! I got your comment, and wanted to tell you that I loved the Homestead. You should go. The children would love it.

Beth said...

The photo of your little ones w the flowers and brick wall is AMAZING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...