Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Fill-In Fun

It's amazing how much blogging I can catch up on when I take Friday afternoon off work--if for no reason other than it's too hot outside to even contemplate moving too far from my recliner. Or maybe I am just mentally preparing for our weekend at the beach, which reminds me that I still haven't physically prepared by packing...

Regardless, here I am. Off work and on the computer.

While over at one of my favorite blogs, Time Out for Mom, I enjoyed her "Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun" so much that I decided to fill in my own.

Each week, Hilary lists four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blog. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill- ins of your own, please email them to her at feelingbeachie@gmail.com. If used, she will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Janice from Janice’s Footsteps (she came up with the last two statements).

This week’s statements:


1. I almost always wear lipstick. And most of the time, it is bright. I feel naked without it.

2. I have had a lot of hairstyles. Want to see proof? Click here.

3. Public speaking makes me money. First I was a teacher. Now I am a teacher coach who often facilitates professional development sessions for small and large groups. As a shy kid and an introvert, I often amaze myself at my ability to get up and present.

4. My car always has a ton of crap in it because (1)I have two year old twins who bring a new toy with them every time they get in the car (2)I spend a huge amount of time in my car for work, which results in lots of crumpled food wrappers, empty coffee mugs, and work-related supplies I think I will need but usually don't.

Want to join the fill-in fun? Click on over, grab the statements and fill away! Then, help spread the fun by tweeting, sharing on FaceBook and adding the linky to your post…

Photobucket

13 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh, I love bright colored lipstick!!

retired not tired said...

lipstick is one thing I never wear - I am more of a lipgloss person and not very often

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I have never been a lipstick kind of gal. At times I've wanted to be one, but it's just not me. As I'm typing this, I'm realizing this is downright gross and I really shouldn't admit to it...but I think I still have the lipstick from our wedding...13 YEARS ago! Ick!!! ;)

Carmex, though...I'm addicted! The girls call it "lip cream" and they love it, too. When I want to get a little bit "fancy" [relatively speaking!] I will use some tinted lip gloss. Getting all crazy, ya know!

RoryBore said...

I am addicted to Burt's Bees lip shine. so fantastic and has SPF too. hubby likes it when I don the bright come-hiter red because I got the Angie Jolie lips. truth. it's a burden really bwaaah!

I amazed myself too when I did my first high school play - since I was also kind of shy and quiet. till then. now, complete ham :)

welcome and glad you joined the party!

Hilary said...

Love your intro - isn't it a shame that work has to stop our blogging fun?

I don't wear makeup but I always have bright nails (I feel naked without polish or if the color is pale)

Miss Megan said...

I always have a ton of stuff in my car too! And I don't know why! It's overkill for sure...I don't need everything that's in there, but with twin 2 year olds, you never know when you will need something! HA!
Good for you with the speaking - isn't it funny how things can do a total 180?! I love public speaking now, and presenting in front of groups =)

Susi said...

I usually wear chapstick or lipgloss with spf in it. Not only do I feel naked without it. My lips get super dry... it's a must. 3 kids = messy car! :)

Awn said...

Have a great time at the beach!

KERRY said...

I admire your ability to do public speaking, I am not so good at that skill!
Our car is exactly the same, it's just an extension of the house really ;)
I am going to go and check out your hair pics now...

Jennifer said...

I tend to revert back to the same old hair styles, my hair is impossible to work with!

Kristen said...

I love your list! I don't wear lipstick, but my van is trashed!!! Same reason!!! ;)

Jennifer Forbes said...

Doesn't lipstick make your lips dry? It does for me...favorite brand? And I love the fact that you are such at ease public speaking I can speak or I should say do readings in church but its not my favorite thing to do. Gets the heart pumping a bit!

btw, I have a little something for you on my blog. enjoy!

Jennifer Forbes said...

Doesn't lipstick make your lips dry? It does for me...favorite brand? And I love the fact that you are such at ease public speaking I can speak or I should say do readings in church but its not my favorite thing to do. Gets the heart pumping a bit!

btw, I have a little something for you on my blog. enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...