Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Adventure Alert!

Reflecting on May: Family

To celebrate my return to blogging and this month’s 12 in 2012 focus on family, I do recall committing to blogging for the remaining nine days of the month.

Since May’s focus was family, I think it’s entirely appropriate that I fell short of my blogging goal because…

I was busy enjoying my family.

On the Friday before Memorial Day, Emily and Drew both had ear tubes put in. Not much enjoyment there, right?

It actually turned out much better than I had feared (imagine that). Hopefully, I’ll get around to writing about that whole decision-making process (soon).

Unless…

We get away again for a weekend trip to the camper, as was the case this past weekend.

Beach=family=blogging postponed.

But, then again, I was reminded this month that family pretty much trumps it all.

And I like it that way.

I was also reminded this month that our family sticks together. As family, we may fuss, fight, and disagree on agreeing to disagree. We may get tired. We may get frustrated. We may say things that we later regret. But make no mistake…

When it matters, we are there for each other.

And I like it that way.

Looking Ahead to June: Adventure

Choosing June’s value was easy. It’s funny, though. Since I started this project in January, the value has almost chosen itself, like the universe knows which value wants and needs to shine that month.

This month ADVENTURE jumped to the top of the list.

In less than a week, my sweet babies will be 2! As we enter the “Terrible and/or Terrific Twos,” something tells me that my adventures as a twin mom are only just beginning.

It’s also June—the start of summer adventures!

And, finally, as I find myself coming out of a period of being paralyzed by fear of dying, I am going to take a chance and start living by re-connecting with my own personal love for adventure. Paddle boarding, maybe?

I could use some help!

Ideas for new MaMe adventures??



MaMe Musings


9 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I don't know about adventuring...haven't done much myself these past four years...but I can say, don't you dare utter the words "terrible two's"! I don't know if our girls went through that...but I refused to acknowledge it altogether! HA! Ignorance and/or blatant disregard is bliss!!! ;)

I will also say that two is when our girls could really start to log some miles...that's when we started walking much, much more. That's also when we started getting away from high chairs in restaurants. Between 2 and 2 1/2 was when the load seemed to lighten quite a bit, at least as far as "adventuring" (relatively speaking) went.

Hope you have a fun-filled month with your babes!

KERRY said...

I totally understand you with the fear you have. It literally makes me stop breathing for a second or two when it crosses my mind...
Enjoy that gorgeous family of yours xo

Cathy said...

Well, I walk. That becomes an adventure in itself. Like the other day when I decided I'd walk to the ice-cream place which was a lot further than I thought.

Julia said...

Our girls love to walk around a lot more. I read an article sometime right before they turned two that said, by the time a toddler is 18 months, they can walk a mile without stopping. This struck me, b/c I'd never even attempted half that with the girls.

Now---we walk all over the place. They walk through the farmer's market, they walk the loop at our nature reserve to see all the ducks and geese, and they walk to the park sometimes. I've found too, that all this walking is essential for wearing them out for naps ;)

Our girls LOVE going to a local chicken farm to see all the animals there. Do you have anything like that in your area? We take full advantage of our local (free) activities that involve animals :)

Tami said...

I wouldn't say I am the adventurous sort of person. I did enjoy going white water rafting though.
We used to have a camper when the boys were younger. I miss those camping days. We sold the camper when the boys got into high school. I guess camping with the parents weren't cool anymore.
Have a wonderful week!

Kathy Radigan said...

Oh the tubes, I went through it 9 years ago with our daughter and my sister just went through with it this week with my nephew. It is so much worse for us parents!!! Enjoy the two's, I actually loved them all three times, I personally found 3 to 4 and a half to be the challenge! Enjoy the adventure!

Dvr Dame said...

Enjoy your family! And have a great summer if we don't hear from you soon. :)

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

I miss ya!! :)

Tami said...

Just dropping a line to let you know I've been thinking of you! I hope you are enjoying your break. I already know you are enjoying your family time! Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...