Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Behind the blue eyes

A couple of weeks ago, Emily's teacher surprised me with this photograph she had taken of Emily.


Apparently, the teachers have been taking pictures of the children all year and will be giving all of the parents an album at the end of the year. But, Emily's teacher said she just couldn't wait to share this picture of Emily, and she hoped I loved it as much as she did.

Of course, I loved it!

After hugging her (was that inappropriate?? I tend to be a hugger), I then showed the picture to anyone who would look at it.

If you're friends with me on Facebook (*if not, you should be. You know you want a play-by-play of my day), then you know I posted it and gushed over it.

I love so much about this picture...

The twinkling of her blue eyes. The hint of a smile on her pink lips. The wisps of white blonde hair falling in random perfection. Her head resting on the first baby blanket I ever bought her. The remnants of boo-boos long-kissed. The way I can almost hear her whisper "morning" like she does when I wake her...

A stolen glimpse of the ordinary events I miss while I am at work...

While I try not to get caught up in the working mom guilt trap, there are times (and now pictures) that remind me of what I miss.

But, on the positive side, this picture reminds me that Emily and Drew are loved and cared for while I am gone. It is special to me that Emily and Drew's teacher thought to capture such a routine occurrence, like waking from a nap, and share it with me.

I think I will hug her again tomorrow.

*Edited to add: Friend me on Facebook by clicking on the Facebook icon under "Find Me Here" (on right side of page).

13 comments:

Tasha said...

LOVE this picture!!! I am taking a break from FB this week so don't let anything too exciting or crazy happen....I'll miss it!! :)

jen@ living a full life said...

Amazing picture, she looks just beautiful!

It's a keeper for sure. have you considered having it transferred onto canvas?

Sorry don't do FB!

Awn said...

This is a sweet picture! And we should totally be FB friends. I love play-by-plays. It's the female version of slow motion during football season.

Samantha said...

I like pp's suggestion of putting this beautiful photo on canvas!

I wanna be FB friends! How can I add you?

championm2000 said...

Awn and Samantha...click on the Facebook button on the right side of my blog under "Contact Me." It takes you to my personal FB page.

championm2000 said...

Actually, it's "Find Me Here"

Beth said...

I love the picture! Your daughter is beautiful!
I agree that the best part is that it seems clear that her teacher genuinely cares about her. It most be so comforting to know that she is in such good hands during the day!

RoryBore said...

she's perfection. pure and simple.

Johanna said...

I'm a hugger too... if we ever meet 'in real life', I'll know its ok to run up and hug you. :)

Em is beautiful - and you are lucky to have her in such a loving environment while you are away from her. I hope they get some equally cute ones of Drew.

Courtney said...

Beautiful photo!!

Kim said...

Beautiful picture!
Kim
My Twintastic Life

Always Heather said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful...:)

KERRY said...

What a stunning picture of your little Emily!! She is so very beautiful, the picture is so pretty and it is understandable that you gushed over it! You know your children are loved when your teacher takes a pic like that and loves it too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...