Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Drew's First Haircut

After much deliberation and even a period of public input, we decided to get Drew's hair cut for the very first time on Saturday.

I scheduled the appointment for 9:00 am when I knew both babies would be well-fed and well-rested.

We enjoyed a nice, leisurely family breakfast at Panera and arrived at the salon 10 minutes early. I include these details because I think the relaxed pace and extra time helped contribute to the ease of the entire trip. Usually, we are running around, running 10 minutes late, and looking for some item we need but didn't pack. Not on Saturday. Thank goodness!

Drew picked out his seat...


The salon had TVs for each chair where kids could watch their favorite video while getting their haircut. Drew didn't seem the least bit interested.


The only time Drew acted like he even knew something was going on was when she wet his hair with the water bottle. The look of confusion on his face was priceless.


He listened so well during the entire haircut. He wouldn't sit down, though. Any time the stylist was cutting, he was standing. She would stop snipping and he would sit down.




The whole process took less than ten minutes, and in that short span of time, my little baby Drew grew up right before my very (tear-filled) eyes.


A little off the top, a lot off the back, and trimmed around the ears...


Drew and Mommy...


Another keepsake for our memory box...

19 comments:

Samantha said...

Adorable!

Tasha said...

I LOVE it!!! He is a doll!!

jen@ living a full life said...

He looks really cute Melissa. And I love the airplane chair cutting chair..how cool is that for a little boy? And no tears, that child's an angel.

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Those are the BEST salons...expensive, in my opinion but WORTH EVERY PENNY!

He looks like such a liitle man now...you may not think that's a good "thing" becuae I know I was heart-broken when Bryce's locks were chopped but I have grown to LOVE his little man hair style!!

:)

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Those are the BEST salons...expensive, in my opinion but WORTH EVERY PENNY!

He looks like such a liitle man now...you may not think that's a good "thing" becuae I know I was heart-broken when Bryce's locks were chopped but I have grown to LOVE his little man hair style!!

:)

RoryBore said...

ahh, look at that handsome lil man!
this is one mommy trial I have not really had to deal with. my first 2 kids were basically bald for 2 years. when my son was old enough and had long enough hair, daddy just used the #2 like he does on himself...buzz, buzz. For my middle daughter, they cut her hair at the emergency room when she got a nasty gash on the top or her forehead. And now my 2 year old actually has more than any of us!
it will probably hurt a bit to cut her blonde curls.

Heather B said...

SO cute! Those places are crazy expensive but are worth it to have people used to dealing with toddlers.

Erin said...

He is so handsome! You were both so brave. Good job, Mama.

Martine said...

So sweet! Love the fancy chairs :) P sat on his dad's lap for his first professional cut & was so good too! What did Emily think about his new do?

Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness! You did it! He looks adorable. So handsome. ;)

Dvr Dame said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dvr Dame said...

Another one for the scrapbook! :)

Johanna said...

He looks adorable. And, I still think he looks like a baby. :)

Awn said...

He looks like a little man! I'm so glad it went smashingly. And think of it this way...I didn't have hair until I was 3. THREE! At least Drew had enough to cut. :)

Tami said...

He is adorable!!!! Drew reminds me of my youngest son. Brandon had so many curls and I didn't want to cut them. I wanted him to stay my baby forever. Well he finally got his haircut and he is still my baby (even at the age of 14).
I love the idea of scrapping his first hair cut!! Very cute with a lock of hair too.

Beth said...

Oh my!! What a handsome little man!
I agree. A salon intended for children is worth every penny! Someone who is prepared for a (possibly nervous or squirmy) kid and a waiting area full of toys-- priceless!
It was a big step and it looks like it went perfectly!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Oh, he just looks too cute. Love that sweet little neck. :)

Brad Jenkins said...

Up next - shaving and driving, in no particular order.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So glad he did so well! Neither of our girls cried during their first cuts, but our pictures aren't quite as adorable...both girls, on the VERY VERGE of tears! ;) Maybe it helped me, though...I had to be strong for them. HA!

Drew looks adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...