Today you are 21 months old.
In honor of this very special day, your daddy and I have compiled a list of 21 unique things about you that we love.
While each of these items might seem small to you when you are, say, 21 years old, please remember that, once, each of these things was very big, very important, very special. From numbers 1 to 21, each brought us joy beyond measure.
1. You loved all the toys you got for Christmas, especially the trucks.
2. You love riding on Papa’s “gah-cah “ or golf cart (or your four wheeler or your school bus or…well, anything!)
3. You always say “ta-tu” while also doing the sign for THANK YOU.
4. You love books. You will sit in the recliner and read all by yourself.
5. When replying “yes,” you often use the sweetest little “mmmhmmm.”
6. You can throw a pretty good tantrum when you don’t get your way.
7. When I pick you up at daycare, I often have to wait until you put away all your toys because you won’t leave until everything in its place.
8. You love trains and will make the “choo choo" sound whenever a train is even mentioned.
9. I am “ma-ma.”
10. Since Christmas, you only want to drink out of big people cups.
11. You love “Em-ma.”
12. And bananas and food at daycare.
13. You do this funny thing with your eyes where you will look down and then cut
your eyes up.
14. When we pull into the garage at the end of the day, you say “beep! Beep!” which is my sign to beep the horn for Daddy.
15. You make the softest “meow” when I ask you what the cat says.
16. During bath time, you dump water on Emily’s head.
17. If I ask you if you’ve pooped, you will wave your hand in front of your nose.
18. You picked out your Daddy’s new hockey stick, carried it around, and started whacking stuff with it.
19. You’ve started telling people to “sit!”
20. You love Elmo, which is odd since you have never watched Sesame Street.
21. The owl says “who who who who.”
Love, Mommy and Daddy