Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Dear Drew

Dear Drew,

Today you are 21 months old.

In honor of this very special day, your daddy and I have compiled a list of 21 unique things about you that we love.

While each of these items might seem small to you when you are, say, 21 years old, please remember that, once, each of these things was very big, very important, very special. From numbers 1 to 21, each brought us joy beyond measure.

1. You loved all the toys you got for Christmas, especially the trucks.

2. You love riding on Papa’s “gah-cah “ or golf cart (or your four wheeler or your school bus or…well, anything!)

3. You always say “ta-tu” while also doing the sign for THANK YOU.

4. You love books. You will sit in the recliner and read all by yourself.

5. When replying “yes,” you often use the sweetest little “mmmhmmm.”

6. You can throw a pretty good tantrum when you don’t get your way.

7. When I pick you up at daycare, I often have to wait until you put away all your toys because you won’t leave until everything in its place.

8. You love trains and will make the “choo choo" sound whenever a train is even mentioned.

9. I am “ma-ma.”

10. Since Christmas, you only want to drink out of big people cups.

11. You love “Em-ma.”

12. And bananas and food at daycare.

13. You do this funny thing with your eyes where you will look down and then cut
your eyes up.

14. When we pull into the garage at the end of the day, you say “beep! Beep!” which is my sign to beep the horn for Daddy.

15. You make the softest “meow” when I ask you what the cat says.

16. During bath time, you dump water on Emily’s head.

17. If I ask you if you’ve pooped, you will wave your hand in front of your nose.

18. You picked out your Daddy’s new hockey stick, carried it around, and started whacking stuff with it.

19. You’ve started telling people to “sit!”

20. You love Elmo, which is odd since you have never watched Sesame Street.

21. The owl says “who who who who.”

Love, Mommy and Daddy

11 comments:

Erin said...

So, so sweet. What a great idea! He will love it when he turns 21!

I find it funny that several of these remind me of MH, too. Elmo, of course. The eye cutting. And the book reading in the recliner. They must be the same age! =)

RoryBore said...

ah, such a cute idea! My youngest dumps the bath water on her older sisters' head. she wants to "poo" her hair (shampoo that is.)

I know I am supposed to be on bloggy vacation, but eldest became sick shortly after arrival and just got sick in the bed! amazing start to the vacay, eh? So I am stealing 15 minutes of blog time to make sure he settles back to sleep with no more incidents.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

This is so very, very sweet! Awwww....!!!! Thank you for sharing such a special piece of your heart! :)

KERRY said...

Just so Drew knows, tell him I am sitting whilst I type this comment ;)
What an adorable little boy you have there, so hard to stop at 21 things I am sure!!
Such a cute list, great things to look back on!

Miss Megan said...

What a great idea! And a fun way to document the things they are doing at each of the months!!
Drew is oh so sweet! It makes me just want to snuggle him! =)

Kathy Radigan said...

I love this idea! You and Drew are going to love looking at this post years from now! He sounds like a doll, I love how there personality just starts to pour out at this age! Enjoy your wonderful little boy!

Tasha said...

Sweet boy!!! I love these letters!

Anne said...

Hope he had a great birthday!
~Anne

Johanna said...

He is so precious!

What is it about Elmo that draws kids in? Mine loved him way before they ever saw Sesame Street too.

Helene said...

One of my kids loved Elmo too but never watched Sesame Street!!!

Your little guy sounds so adorable! In about 5 years when you read this post, you'll be so glad you wrote out these memories!

senner2+2 said...

I love the picture and I wish I did this...maybe I will start. Great letter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...