Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Another perspective on solitude

Before you groan over the fact that it's Monday AND we lost an hour this weekend, take a deep breath and relax. MaMe Musings has just what you need this Monday morning to help you get the week moving in the right direction. (Actually, I don't, but my guest blogger today does!)

Please join me in welcoming Courtney of Baxtron{Life}! Courtney is here today sharing her thoughts on solitude. In typical Courtney fashion, her piece is full of wisdom, power, and beauty--all things we can use, especially on a Monday. Be inspired and then hop over to Baxtron{Life} for more!






Solitude.




Why is does it seem so elusive for us mothers?



Perhaps, we make it more complicated than it has to be.



What exactly does solitude require of us?



Aloneness.





via

Impossible.



My first reaction to the possibility of finding time alone.



[Insert list of reasons why here.]



Critical.



What can we possibly give if we are not taking the time to be refreshed?


via

Possibility.



How can I give myself ten minutes of quiet each day?



If I start with five minutes is that okay?



Release.



I will not feel guilty for taking this time out for me.




Reflection.



My mind is finally free to be me.



Oh hello lovely thoughts, restful sighs and tensions eased.



Retreat.



Is this vacation for my soul?



Believe.


A content, rested mother (& wife) is one highly praised.


Today, take those five minutes…or even ten.

Set down your burdens.


Embrace.



Solitude.


Courtney is a wife and mother who cannot thrive without daily moments of solitude.  You can visit her blog: Baxtron{Life} to connect with her more.



MaMe Musings

6 comments:

Tasha said...

As a mom to almost 7 year old twins I have learned through the years I MUST take the time out for me too!! I am at my best in the mornings so I set my alarm(for 5am)and make a point of getting up to be ALONE. I drink my coffee and read my Bible or whatever devotion book I might be reading. Although my day gets really hairy later on, I can look back on that time alone and breathe.

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Ahmen to Solitude! Great read...

Miss Megan said...

I feel more relaxed just reading it!
Time alone is SO important! I'm guilty though too...it rarely happens...and I need to work on that! Thanks for reminding me =)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Oh boy, solitude has never looked more inviting!

Kristina said...

It's exhausting but with three kiddos I find that my solitude is best at 5 am! Love the quiet and I get such a great start to m day both with God and then with my list of things to do

Kristy @PampersandPinot said...

Sometimes it feels we have no control over when we get that alone time, and we just take it when we can. I am always grateful for those moments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...