Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

One February Later...

Every now and then, I like to take a look back into the MaMe Musings' archives to see what we were doing 6 months or a year ago--to see how much we've grown, learned, or forgotten...

Any guess what we were talking about almost a year ago to the day?

(tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock)

Time's up.

If you guessed BEING SICK, then you win!

A year later, not so surprisingly, the theme is still the same: battling our way through cold season.

Sure, the babies are bigger and their immune systems supposedly stronger, but they are still no match for the germ incubator known as daycare.

So, one year later, the current twin-festation includes an ear infection for each of them.

It's bad, but this February, we know we'll make it.

I still hate to see them sick, don't get me wrong, but it's so much different now.

I no longer freak out over every sniffle. We have become pretty good at spotting the signs of an ear infection (I still remember the shame I felt the first time they were diagnosed--we had no clue what was going on).

I know the proper dosage for tylenol and ibuprofen by heart.

We own two humidifiers and stock in boogie wipes.

I am older, wiser, stronger.

Last night I earned some more twin mommy stripes as I held a clingy, sickly Drew with one arm and put lotion, a diaper, and pajamas on Emily with the other.

And, when I run out of arms or energy? Well, one good thing about having twins? There's always a baby to help out.

Here is our future bossypants, nurse, kindergarten teacher, mommy, anything-she-wants-to-be... in training!







When not being chased by the boogie wiper, Drew enjoys playing with the train set at the pediatrician's office (aka the germ train). Given how much he loves this train, I think we'll get him one for his birthday-- one that doesn't have the extra snot and bacteria and one that he can play with between $25 co-pays.

10 comments:

Julia said...

Love the pictures of Emily wiping Drew's nose--that's awesome! :)

You are so brave to let your kids touch the toys in the pedi's office. I download apps on the phone specifically for the pedi's office. I keep the strapped in to the stroller, and don't let them touch anything, which they hate, but whatever. I'm the mean mama at the pedi's office.

Apparently it doesn't work that well either, b/c we've been sick plenty this winter. You're right though---it's February! The promise of spring is SO close---you can taste it can't you?! :)

Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Those ear infections are no fun!

Kelly said...

haha! love the pictures of her wiping his nose ;) And yes, major stripes for holding one and changing the other! Impressive :)

KERRY said...

Hahaha I laughed out loud at those pics of Emily wiping Drew's nose, especially the one with him leaning so far back to get away from her!! How typical of a little girl to take charge, can you imagine when they're older? Good times...they are just so precious!!

Johanna said...

What a good sister! She is IN CHARGE! :) Love it. Hope your brood is feeling better soon. And that Drew gets a nice, clean train set before cold/flu season is over.

Jane said...

Love the video of Drew playing with the train. That waiting room reminds me SO MUCH of my children's pediatrician's office...but that can't be, can it? My YOUNGEST is 30 (YEARS OLD)!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So sorry you still have sickies at your house...but how sweet are those pictures?! Try to cling to those moments to boost you through 'til spring...which surely will bring better health??!!!

And YES for the train set! We got our girls a set for Christmas (just before they turned three), and they LOVE it...germ-free (more or less) and all! HA!

senner2+2 said...

I LOVE those pictures of Emily being the "boogie wiper"! So cute. Just another reason twins are too cute for words.

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

That is so sweet that she is bossing, I mean, taking care of her brother...Ave is the same these days. In fact, I have to remind her that she is NOT the boss of her brother, I am! LOL!

Get well soon everyone!

Kathy Radigan said...

I love the pictures of Emily helping Drew!! Oh my gosh, they are just way too cute!! It's funny how the first year every sniffle and cough is reason to panic. And lets not even talk about having to take a babies temp. But then you just start knowing the right dosage of medicine, the number of the the doctor by heart, the little ins and outs that make colds and flu better! I hope they feel better soon! It's still no fun when they are sick!! Take care!! xo

Olusola said...

You know it won't be child labor if you hire Emily out to other mothers for a minmal hourly fee. I would be first in line. I could use a boogie-wiper around here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...