Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

I Played, I Pay

There's no hiding from it.

Vacation is over.

Nothing says welcome back from the Caribbean and welcome back to reality like this freezing weather!

Except for perhaps the stomach bug that attacked me on the nine, ten, eleven hour drive home from Florida yesterday.

Thankfully, the babies are feeling good--they had their tummy troubles during the trip, which is a rant story for another blog post.

I don't have to tell you how hard it is to take care of busy, busy toddlers when you feel like absolute poo. On top of it all, we are living out of whichever bag one of us has felt like getting out of the car.

I promise there is more to this post than our gastrointestinal troubles--not much more, though.

Here's the more...

  • MaMe's back (albeit in a weakened, slightly uncreative and grumpy state)

  • I hope you enjoyed the Pinterest auto-posts. I think I have effectively cured my Pin addiction for a while and have shared everything cool I have found to date.

  • I will (eventually) jump back into reading and posting and commenting. Don't give up on me yet!

  • I am **SUPER** excited about the blog awards I received while I was gone. If I didn't know better, I'd think people love me more when I am away ;-) I will be accepting each and every one with a happy heart!

  • Vacation pictures/review/rant will be forthcoming.

  • I have a "Pour Your Heart Out" post coming on Wednesday that I composed in my head during the nine, ten, eleven hour car ride home.

  • Friday is Confessional Time, and you're not going to believe the vacation tales I have to confess. I am playing around with the title, and right now, I am leaning towards, "Melissa Goes Militant." Here's the teaser: the confessions involve cops, fights, and a missing $10 bottle of wine.


PS: No twins were harmed in the making of the above photograph. Want to know the full story? Stay tuned...

11 comments:

RoryBore said...

welcome home!
I am sooooo intrigued....what did you do girlfriend??

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Full of suspense, you are! Welcome back, MaMe! And hope you're feeling better soon!

jen@ living a full life said...

Sorry you're feeling so poo-ee! Feel better soon,OK.

Can't wait to hear about the missing wine...Any chance you drank it and just forgot about it?

Miss Megan said...

Welcome back! Agreed - it's SO hard to take care of twin toddlers when you feel like crap! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Julia said...

I'd totally go postal over a $10 bottle of wine! ;)

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing all about the good, the bad, and the ugly :)

Tami said...

Welcome home! I cannot wait to hear the story of the twins under the towels. heehee

Ashleigh said...

You are a braver mom than I! WE have yet to vacation with the duo, and when we do, I'm sure it will be little more than a night at our local city by the beach!

And a big congrats on the awards! :)

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Welcome Home & I am on pins n' needles....bring on the stories!
LOL!

Loved you pinterest posts BTW! L-O-V-E-D!

Happy Heart Day!

Always Heather said...

Can't wait to hear more! Especially about the $10 bottle of wine...they're the best kind.. ;)

Awn said...

I can't wait to read all about everything! Intrigued, for sure. Hope you feel better soon!

Olusola said...

Welcome back. I swear there must be a poop fairy that attacks twin moms whenever they dare to travel too far away from home. Looking forward to all the gist :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...