Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Introducing Peas and Cheese

The idea for “Peas and Cheese” sprouted about a month ago when Emily and Drew really started saying please.

Emily: COOK-E!

Me: What do you say?

Emily: Ch-eeese! (while fervently signing please in a way that made her look like she is rubbing the skin off her chest).

Drew: Nan-E!

Marty: What do you say?

Drew:
PEAS! (while patting his chest to sign please and alternating it with the “more” sign)

And, just like that Emily gets her cookie, Drew gets his banana, and Mommy gets a big, ole smile on her face.

Each day is a smorgasbord of cuteness around here, I tell you, and it's only getting better by the day as they add new words, expressions, games...

Because we are definitely not selfish with our cuteness around here, I’ve decided to make “Makes Me Smile Like Peas and Cheese” a regular feature here at MaMe Musings.

If it makes me smile like peas and cheese, well, you’ll most likely see it here.

No need to worry over high cholesterol, high blood sugar, preservatives, GMOs, or empty calories with this treat--it's 100% all-natural toddler goodness!

Why don’t we just make it a buffet of cuteness? Leave a comment and share something sweet that happened at your house this week or leave a link to your site where you’ve shared your own “peas and cheese” moment.




Special thanks to Diana of Inochi Designs for creating this super-cute button. Diana, you always make me smile like peas and cheese!

11 comments:

KERRY said...

What a super cute idea!!! Boy oh boy your kids are adorable, what great little friends they must be :)
I reaf alot of blogs where children are being taught how to sign. It's not taught over here, or if it is I'm not aware of it. Is there a reason it's popular? Aside from obvious reasons of course :)
Hope you have an awesome day!!!

KERRY said...

What a super cute idea!!! Boy oh boy your kids are adorable, what great little friends they must be :)
I reaf alot of blogs where children are being taught how to sign. It's not taught over here, or if it is I'm not aware of it. Is there a reason it's popular? Aside from obvious reasons of course :)
Hope you have an awesome day!!!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Love it!

Even at three years old, very capable of expressing themselves in words, our girls still sign occasionally when they REALLY want something. They still rub their chests for 'please' and sign 'more' just like they were 12 months old...and that makes me smile!!!

jen@ living a full life said...

I'm melting from their cuteness, kinda like cheese with peas!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Great idea...lovin' the peas and cheese...all Ave can say in "Gung" and that is please and thank you....LMAO!

Have a great day!

Johanna said...

Precious! I don't know what cute things my kids said today. My husband was home today, and I took a FOUR HOUR nap! :)

Heather Gudac said...

While I do not have children, I do have a very old and very sweet dog. This evening as I was towel drying her from her special bath, she leaned back on my chest and gave me a sweet little nudge. Almost as if she fully understands that only I can take and keep that wet-dog smell away from her. It was my most sweetest moment of the day, and perhaps the week.
Thank you for sharing your stories. I've been thinking about you often.

Hugs,
Heather

Kelly said...

Love it! I need to work on our signing. I bought Signing Time a few months ago, but they are not that interested in watching and I need to be more consistent in signing to them!

RoryBore said...

My Zoo-Zoo(2 yrs) has been on a real Dora kick lately. like screaming banshee if you turn it off obsessed. And she has a bad habit of carrying toys all around the house, and just dropping them somewhere (seriously, I never know where I will find it..in the plants, the freezer, the toilet bowl?) But now when I ask her where "insert item here" is, she just shrugs her shoulders and says, "Oh, man...swiper has it."

I can't help it - it's hysterical. I want to hide things now too just so I can ask her!

Kathy Radigan said...

Well, thanks for giving me such a nice smile! I love the words that they use when they are little and miss it as they grow and start using the real words (how boring)! Thanks for a fun post!

Tamara said...

It is super cute. Hoping all the days ahead are filled with "Smiles like peas and cheese."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...