Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Creature Comforts

This week this mama is loving comfort.

Here are three small ways we have found a little comfort this week at our house.

Oatmeal: My Current Comfort Food of Choice

What's funny about my current love for oatmeal is that when I was growing up I hated oatmeal. A couple of years ago, I decided to give it another shot, and surprise, surprise! I actually liked it. These days I love it.

Whole Foods is having a sale this week on Three Sisters Oatmeal. Featuring eco-friendly packaging, this oatmeal is full of whole grains, flaxseed, and all natural ingredients, and wait for it---it comes in Dark Chocolate flavor!


As if having healthy chocolate oatmeal wasn't great enough, the packets double as a measuring cup.

No more wondering if I have too much/too little water. No more breaking out a measuring cup just to be safe. Just fill the packet to the line, and voila...a perfectly mixed bowl of oatmeal--not too runny and not too thick.

Fuzzy Bath Towels: The Babies' New Favorite Part of Bath Time

Emily and Andrew LOVE bath time, so much so, that some nights, it's a struggle to get them out of the tub.

For Christmas this year, we gave them hooded animal towels: a kitty cat for Emily and a puppy dog for Drew. I found them on clearance at Target for $7.98 each, which is is a great deal since the Target website currently has them listed for $12.99. (I am sure Target isn't the only place you can find hooded towels, though).


So besides being cute and warm (I giggle every time I see the little tail wagging behind them), what is so great about these towels?

Emily and Drew love them so much that when we are ready for them to get out of the tub, all we have to do is hold up the towels. Drew starts barking, "AH-AH," and Emily does her best "me-ow." We wrap them up tight and they bark and meow straight out of the bathroom to the bedroom where their pajamas are waiting.


Turn Down Service: The Husband's Way of Saying He Loves Me

Not all of the comforts we love cost. Imagine my surprise this week when I found this waiting for me:


He even had my snuggle pillow waiting for me!

Manic Mother




So thankful to have been wrapped in the comfort of warm and tender love this past week...



Songs That Make Us Sing Saturday with Ginger & Becca




13 comments:

Brad Jenkins said...

What a great gesture - provided he wasn't turning the covers down to cover an oatmeal spill.

Mom on a Line said...

Love it all, but especially those super cute kids with animal ears and tails!

Beth said...

I didn't like oatmeal as a child either. I eat it now. Mostly because it is quick, easy and fairly healthy, but I wouldn't say I love it (of course, I've never tried dark chocolate- sounds interesting!)
I absolutely love hooded towels! My cute, freshly scrubbed sweeties with fluffy animal heads and tails? My favorite part of bath time!
What a sweet gesture from your hubby. A small thing showing that they care and want to comfort you can be better than a big, over-the-top gesture. Very sweet. You should keep him ;-)

Anne said...

Never had chocolate oatmeal must keep an eye out for it over here! The twins are adorable wrapped in their towels!:) Have a lovely weekend:)
~Anne

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

We love hooded towels, too! I was just thinking this morning, I need to get new ones for the girls. We've had their current ones - a duck and a butterfly, from Kohl's - for two years...and they're finally starting to show some wear. I guess that's fair, though, right? Two years!

And seeing that little gift from your hubby is so very sweet. :) :)

Johanna said...

He's a keeper, isn't he? :)

I can't sleep without a snuggle pillow either...

KERRY said...

Awwww turn down service!! My husband gets that most nights lol
OK, seriously though, I LOVE oatmeal (we call it porridge here) and I eat truck loads during the Winter months like I'm a bear except I should already be in hybernation.
Cute little kitty cat and puppy dog you have there ;)

Olusola said...

The first 16 years of my life were traumatized by oatmeal every monday. What a way to start the day. It took another decade before I voluntarily tried oatmeal again. Now that turned down bed looks heavenly

Kathy Radigan said...

I adore hooded towels! If I could I would still have my kids in them!! There is nothing cuter, my loves had them in a million different styles, bears, lions, flowers, I just think they are precious and your two angels look way too cute!!

Holly Ann said...

Oh, it's just so good to read your posts again! I love oatmeal too and I have never seen it in chocolate! That must be delectable!!

Cathy said...

What a coincidence, I'm totally into Oatmeal at the moment too. It started when I got so disgusted with the weight I gained over the holidays.

Tastes good, is filling and cheap, helps drop the pounds, what else could a woman want? ;)

The kids are so adorable, I had a hooded towel too, it's SO practical in the wintertime, I wonder if they make those for adults. :)

Tasha said...

Oatmeal was not what I was thinking as comfort food(mac and cheese on my mind), but then you said CHOCOLATE!!! I changed my mind.
LOVE the hooded towels.
And the bed service? WHat is that all about. Marty, you are making our husbands look bad! :)

Ang said...

What a romantic song, and sung so beautifully too! Lovely blog, so full of life and fun and wonderful people! Have a great rest of the week! Thanks for stopping by, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...