Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

All in a Day's Work

If you're friends with me on Facebook, you may have seen my status message from earlier today:

Ran out to lunch. It's pouring rain. I am soaked because, of course, umbrella is in car. Looked around for something to dry off with...only thing I could find was a diaper--at least it was clean!

The diaper did a fair job, and I went back to work. But, by the end of the day, I was feeling washed out, like someone had wrung every bit of energy out of me. My head hurt and my body ached. All I wanted was my couch and a big, warm blanket.

Marty jumped in and offered to go to the grocery store to buy something for dinner. All I had to do was watch Emily and Drew until Marty could get back and save me help me.

I promise I only closed my eyes for a minute...
They had found their way into the pantry. Emily was building a tower of canned food; Drew was using his cans as cars, pushing them around the living room.

We got everything back in the pantry. I slumped back to the couch, confident they would surely find some real toys to occupy them.

Guess I overlooked a jar of pimentos...

No sooner than I wiped the pimentos up and took them to the garbage did the babies find yet another source of entertainment. Oh, they know how to work a sick woman...

With food products now safely locked away, they turned their attention to what was left.

Mommy's work bag...

A stroller and two horse pile-up...

An aerial view of the destruction zone...

A nap and the little teamwork later, order was restored.

The trucks parked.
The horses corralled.

The kitchen closed.

All in a day's work...




THANK YOU to all of you who visited and left such THOUGHTFUL comments to yesterday's post, Organizing My Blog Life. As soon as I recover from today and get some energy back, I plan to respond and to share some of what I learned from all of the comments.

13 comments:

Tasha said...

I hope you feel better soon!!! I laughed when I saw your LR....it borught back so many memories of my boys. :)

Kathy said...

Isn't it amazing how much destruction two little babies can make and how do the kids always know mommy is down, it's like a special talent all children know!!! Hope you feel better! Great pictures!!!

Martine said...

Feel better soon!

I was sick a few weeks ago & had similar stuff happen and I've only got one toddler, but I do have 2 small dogs that get into shenanigans with the toddler!!

Beth said...

before having children, I may not have believed that the kids could make such messes in just a few minutes. Now I know better! I am constantly blown away by how fast these kids can get into things. You think you can rest for 2 minutes or maybe linger in the bathroom with the door closed? Nope! They will disassemble the entire kitchen in that time!!

I hope you feel better soon!

Dvr Dame said...

Sleep tight tonight and get your energy because tomorrow will be another crazy day. Kids are energy vampires.

RoryBore said...

*sigh* looks like home
I could put my feet up there :)

KERRY said...

Your home is so lovely! That brown horse is sooo cute! Your babies are funny and adorable and no doubt bounce off each other to give you a run for your money!! Lol
Hope you feel better tomorrow :)

Brad Jenkins said...

What a great way to relax!

We have that same horse, the brown one, and he is named Howie. The only difference is that our girls tend to turn the eyes upside down...which makes him look a little deranged.

I imagine your eyes might have been upside down at some point!

Heather B said...

They sure know how to gang up on you, don't they? Hope you feel better!

Suzanne said...

Hi! I came here from voiceBoks! I love your blog and this post! I sooo can relate to the toy pile-ups! Funny, one stroller and two horse pile-up:) I will be back, this was a fun read, especially with the pictures:)

By Word of Mouth Musings said...

All that plastic - i remember it well. Now my girls are 9 and 14 ... there is none to be found.
Quite sad really.
Feel better.

Becky Jane said...

I ♥ your destruction zone! Definite signs that life is going on at your house! LOL

Dree Getz said...

It almost would have been easier to go to the store LOL. Years from now you will look back and wish you could have one more day like this. They grow so fast.

I took all my daughters toys out while we did tummy time. When my husband got home he wondered about the mess. I explained that I told her to pick them up but she was just too tired. (She is only 3 months old). He just laughed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...