Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Making a Mess, I Mean, Memories

This weekend we started our first-ever Christmas Jar. Thanks again to Tasha at One Day at a Time for this wonderful idea!

Marty and I decided we would start small this year, so we stuck to things we could do on the weekends instead of every day. With three weekends until Christmas, we picked six simple activities. I wrote each activity on an index card and made a plain glass jar look a little more festive.



On Saturday, Emily drew our first activity: making muffins.



We were a little busy with Aunt Kelly's Christmas party on Saturday, so we ended up making muffins on Sunday, which went along perfectly with Drew's draw: making a craft.




Surely, we could find a way to do both of these activities on a Sunday afternoon. After some Sunday morning Pinterest browsing, I came up with two cool ideas for muffins and crafts.

We started with flax apple muffins. (For the record, Marty, that means I have now used the flax twice. You lose the bet.)







While the muffins were baking, we tried to dirty the rest of the dishes in the house started on our family craft: salt dough hand prints.









I'll add the rest of the bows to the ornaments tomorrow. After muffins, ornaments, a casserole, and the clean-up, this mama is tired!

But happy.

11 comments:

Dvr Dame said...

Looks like fun! I really should have done those hand prints when my kids were babies. :(

Tasha said...

Oh how FUN!!! So glad you are doing a Christmas Jar. And thanks for the shout out too!!!

Miss Megan said...

That looks like great fun! I thought about doing the jar too, but didn't know what I would put on the cards that would be simple enough for our girls. A craft and making muffins would have been perfect though! Looks like everyone had lots of fun and was very involved! Love it!

RoryBore said...

Great ideas! I love the jar...simple and pretty. I was going to try the salt dough ornaments this year too. but I think I was outvoted for gingerbread.
I think they know my weakness..:)

Megan said...

What a cute idea!!!! I love this. :-)

Steph said...

What great projects! Yes, so much fun during, but oh the cleanup!
Happy Holidays!

christina said...

awwww i love the idea of the jar thing!! i'm just paranoid of running out of time to do everything but i like the weekends thing idea!! hmmm.
your weekend sounds yummy like mine was- busy but good for the soul.

blueviolet said...

Adorable! You picked two wonderful things to do, but yes, I can see how that would have tired you out!

Shell said...

What a fun idea!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

I am so stealing this...LOL! So much fun...so many memories!

:)

Samantha said...

That's a really sweet idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...