Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

For Better or Worse

This weekend *escaped for a long overdue, much needed couple's getaway to celebrate my birthday and to celebrate the fact that we have (semi) successfully raised twins for the past 18 months without (completely) killing each other.

The babies stayed with and .

While Emily and Drew and , Marty and I enjoyed a beautiful stay at .

There was plenty of ,
, and
.

We had fun ,
, and
.

We loved the and the .

Marty enjoyed some while I enjoyed my first .

We even crashed a few parties and assumed new identities. But that's another story for another .

We watched -- our first movie in a theater in 18 months.

It was a perfect weekend. We picked up our babies and headed home ,
, and
.

Our first sign that vacation was over was a cranky Drew who didn't want to go to bed. Our next sign was a Drew who awoke this morning with a classic case of .

After stumbling to the kitchen for my morning cup of ambition , I head to the shower to get ready for our latest pediatrician appointment. That's when I realize I am missing my ! Not only does it contain all the cosmetics I own, it also contains my newly-purchased anti-wrinkle cream arsenal I purchased while mourning for my birthday. .

I call the . Yep. My bag is 240 miles away and for the cost of shipping I can have my makeup, deodorant, hair brush, and beloved wrinkle cream back in 2-3 days via UPS Ground Delivery.

Until then, it's okay if I just take my un-groomed hand, foot, and mouth and hide under a rock, right?


*Yes, that is a picture of a younger version of Marty and Melissa. It's my blog. I can use whatever pictures I want :-) Besides, choosing a different picture works way better than wrinkle cream anyway, don't you think?


Did you enter the GIVEAWAY?? There's still time!

MaMe Musings

7 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

This post rocks...jus' sayin'. ;)

So glad you had a great time! So not-glad that Drew has HFMD...but sure hope he kicks it soon.

And you have to pay shipping for the bag you left? I really thought the hotel would have taken care of that for you. :/ Hope it's a speedy 2-3 days, in any case!

Beth said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!! How nice to get away and have a chance to relax and have fun-- Just the two of you!!

Sorry reality came crashing down on you quite so quickly, but fortunately HFMD typically passes pretty quickly.

Hope youre-entry to the real world doesn't hit any more bumps!

Sandra said...

Very very cute post! I loved all the pic inserts. The weekend sounded completely decadent, so sorry the return was a bit of a scramble. I understand and respect the need for cosmetics and skin cream. You are a delight!

RoryBore said...

Oh Lucky You! what a wonderful time away for you and the Mr. the place looked just fabulous....was that an indoor pool? wow.

sorry about the HFMD...my youngest also had it once - from swimming in the Ottawa Swamp, I mean, River. we don't use THAT beach anymore. aside from just being annoyed by the sores, he seemed to manange ok though. Hope Drew gets better fast too.

I never take all my makeup on a trip... also have left things behind too many times.

Johanna said...

You know I love pictures... so this post was like hitting the jackpot for me! :) Thanks for sharing.

You guys are adorable. I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. And wishing the little man a very speedy recovery. Hope Em doesn't get it!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you guys got to get away!! Great pictures!! So sorry to hear Drew got the dreaded hand and foot, my first guy got it at around the same age, my daughter ended up having it a little worse and my third guy just sailed through it. It can really hurt!! Poor baby!!

Very excited for you that you got a mud treatment, I'm sure it took so many years away that your cream isn't even needed anymore! Lol! Hope you get your bag back soon!! Take care!!

Tasha said...

GREAT pictures! Looks like y'all had a good time away. Sorry to hear about Drew. ANd oh my leaving the make-up bag!!!!! I hope you get it soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...