Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

DVR Dame presents...

Happy Friday, y’all! Can you believe we only have three more Fridays after today before Christmas??

Today is a special Friday for other reasons, too. First, I am technically not here. My computer and I are miles apart as Marty and I are now on our way to a secluded location as part of my 3? birthday celebration. The babies are being spoiled by staying with their Aunt Windy and Uncle Tom. So—this post is being auto-scheduled--my first “scheduled” post ever. I am also doing a special Unwrapping Our Gifts post today even though it’s not Tuesday or Thursday. And, to celebrate all of this specialness and the fun spirit of this guest post, I am hosting a giveaway--because, hey, it’s Christmas time—the most special time of the year!


MaMe Musings


Today I am excited to welcome Rebecca of DVR Dame to MaMe Musings. Since having the babies, DVR is the only way I ever watch anything (and I don’t watch much). Rebecca, with her gift for entertainment, keeps me up-to-date on what’s going on with her pithy quotes from great shows, analysis of pop culture news, and flashbacks from the past like Punky Brewster and Cabbage Patch Kids. She is the busy mom to two boys, yet she still carves out time to keep other busy moms like me up on the other important stuff—like True Blood and the Christmas movie schedule. Please welcome Rebecca as she shares some of favorite holiday movie quotes!


Holiday Movie Quotes

It's that time of year when the holidays are kicked into high gear. The frantic race to Christmas has begun which may leave you feeling worn-out. Don't worry this dame has an indisputable remedy to cheer you up. How? I have the gift of holiday cheer!

Since I'm a little bit of a TV and pop culture buff I decided to compile the ultimate list of holiday movie quotes. I didn't want to bore you with a list of online holiday deals because there is like hundreds of those sites. Besides that's already been done to death. Don’t you think? So grab a bag of popcorn and get ready to enjoy yourself.

A Christmas Story
Santa: "You'll shoot your eye out kid."


It's A Wonderful Life

Clarence: "You've been given a great gift, George. A chance to see what the world would be like without you."


The Santa Clause
Scott Calvin: "Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in Denver?"


Christmas Vacation

Clark: "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?


Elf
Buddy: "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup."


Christmas with the Kranks

Spike Frohmeyer: "You're skipping Christmas! Isn't that against the law?"


A Charlie Brown Christmas
Charlie Brown: "Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?"


How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Grinch: "That's the one thing I hate, noise, noise, noise!"


Jingle All the Way
Myron Larabee: "We get one day a year to prove we're not screw-ups and what do we do? We screw it up."


Scrooged
Earl Cross: "All day long, I listen to people give me excuses why they can't work…My back hurts, my legs ache, I'm only four! The sooner he learns life isn't handed to him on a silver platter, the better!"


Rebecca
http://dvrdame.blogspot.com/

*Credit for all images


Want to win your choice of one of the movies quoted above? Just leave a comment here or over at DVR Dame telling us your favorite holiday movie or quote! I’ll run the giveaway until next Friday, December 9, which will give me plenty of time to get it in the mail to you before Christmas!

13 comments:

blueviolet said...

I hope you have fun on your getaway! I think my favorite holiday movie is still Christmas in Connecticut! :)

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That was so much fun to read through!

Will you disown me, though, if I tell you I've only seen a couple of those movies??? :/

I can only say we didn't have cable when I was growing up, and maybe I missed a lot that way???

I will say I'm a big fan of Christmas Vacation. My dad has a cousin that closely resembles Cousin Eddy...and he came to stay with us one time, and ended up not leaving for almost a YEAR! HA!

So, my favorite quote would have to be when Eddy and his fam pull up in their camper..."Don't get too attached to her, we're taking her with us when we leave next month!" Bwahaha!!!

And I can't not comment how excited I am for your get-away! Happy, happy birthday (again)...and I might be just a tad bit jealous. At least promise you'll tell us about it after the fact so I can live vicariously. :)

Brad Jenkins said...

We just watched "Christmas Vacation" last night while decorating the house - a new family tradition I think. Better than last year when we watched "Night of the Living Dead" because it just happened to be on.

Favorite quote - "Bend over and I'll show you."

If you (and by you I mean Mandy or other readers) haven't seen it, here's the dialogue for context:

Neighbor - Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark - Bend over and I'll show you.
Neighbor - You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark - (looking at the neighbor's wife) I wasn't talking to you.

Beth said...

First of all, I'm so excited for you getting away!!!! It has become painfully evident to me recently that the hubs and I really need some time away-- just the two of us. Of course right now things are too crazy to get something organized, but I am already planning something for Jan/Feb.
I love holiday movies!! And she included *my* quote- Just the other evening (at the end of a long, loud day) I told Rod I feel like the Grinch, "That's the one thing I hate, noise, noise, noise!"
:-)
Enoy your trip! We want to hear all about it!

senner2+2 said...

Favorite is the Charlie Brown Christmas! Enjoy your time away!

Dvr Dame said...

Melissa thank you so much for letting me pen a guest post! If you ever want to do a guest post on my blog shot me an email. Have a wonderful weekend.

Lisa said...

I really miss these movies! My kids are now 20 and 22. I could sneak one on my own especially Charlie Brown!

Missy said...

Great quotes! Elf might be my favorite holiday movie of all time. So that's the one I'm crossing my fingers for!

Tasha said...

Hands down....Christmas Vacation!! And if you are old to remember when it actually came out you are my best friend.....because that means you are as old as I am! But I would love to see Jingle All the Way!!!

Melissa, I hope you are having an amazing time away!!!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

I LOVE Christmas movies ALMOST as much as Christmas itself...LOL!

Elf is BY FAR my favorite movie...

"Santa's coming...Santa's Coming! I know him!"

:)

Kristy said...

National Lampoons xmas vacation is my favorite holiday movie!

Julia said...

My favorite holiday movie is not on the list above. It's Love Actually.

From the movie (Hugh Grant's character): "If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."

jen@ living a full life said...

Did you ever see the movie "The Family Stone"? Very funny(for adults)movie about a group of adult family members spending a Christmas holiday together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...