Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Confessions of a Wanna-Be Crafter

I confess: I have never sewn a button in my life.

Image Credit


I confess: This week, for the first time ever, I actually wanted to sew a button when I saw this idea.

I confess: I made a trip to Jo-anne’s to buy cute fabric, buttons, my first sewing kit, and even a nifty organizer to hold all of the sewing supplies I just knew I would needing once I uncovered my hidden talent for sewing buttons.



I confess:
I bought Emily and me coordinating sweaters with boring buttons from Target so I could jazz up both up with my handiwork.

I confess: after coming off a casserole-cooking success high, I called forth my burgeoning inner domestic diva and decided to start the button project tonight—the same night I am alone with the babies while Marty is at a hockey game.

I confess: I would like to blame the babies for what transpired, but it really wasn’t their fault.

I confess: while Drew took apart the Christmas tree and nibbled on ornaments, Emily unrolled an entire spool of ribbon, and I tried (unsuccessfully) to cover the buttons.



I confess: after several minutes of difficulty and three rumpled buttons later, I was ready to call my mom and ask her to come over.

I confess: instead, I gave up and decided it was easier to give the babies a bath and put them to bed.

I confess: I really wanted today’s post to show the finished products.

I confess: my shortcomings will have to do because…

I confess: I am going to bed at 8:30 (again).

7 comments:

blueviolet said...

The best of intentions foiled! I hope you get it figured out because it does sound like a neat idea!

Kathy said...

I'm impressed you even tried!! I have had similar intentions before, I have now accepted and even embraced the fact that I'm just not a crafty homemaker! Perhaps we can start a support group!! Lol!!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I love, love, love your confession posts...they always make me feel more comfortable about the sometimes crazy dialogues I have with myself...hahaha!!! ;)

Maybe your mama can help you...you've gotta figure out those matching sweaters, after all!

Sarita said...

At least you still have a sweater boring buttons or not! Try again! You may just get it!

Miss Megan said...

HA! I've sewn on 3 buttons in my life I think...and I SUCK at it! Keep at it girl, I think this project will be super cute once it's done! And you will be SO proud of yourself....=).
Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

jen@ living a full life said...

I have my Nana's button box do you need me to send you some emergency snazzy buttons? I could from one un-crafty person to another!

Olusola said...

Girl, when you and Kathy start the non-crafters anonymous, I'll be the first to sign up. Your story reminds me of my tomato garden, the blanket I was going to crochet for the twins, the dresses I was going to sew, the birthday cake I was going to bake... need I go on? You're in good company

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...