To make your own big magnet board, you will need:
- a big metal oil drip pan (I bought mine for $9.96 at Wal-Mart)
- a set of ABC flashcards ($1.47 at Wal-Mart)
- magnetic letters (I splurged and bought the bigger letters from a teacher supply store since the babies have such small hands; however, you could use the small ones from Wal-Mart that are $2 a pack)
- rubber cement for gluing cards to pan
- velcro hangers (if you want to attach board to a wall)
I started by wiping the board with all-purpose cleaner.
Next, I placed cards on pan to get spacing right before gluing.
Here are the big(ger) magnetic letters I found at a local teacher supply store. I love that they came in a tub that is perfect for storing the letters when we're not using the board.
And, here's the finished product!
It isn't kid-tested yet since I decided to wait and make it a part of what they receive for Christmas. I am so excited to use it with them, though, especially since they are absorbing everything right now.
Have a toddler-friendly Pinterest find to share? An idea for a mommy-made gift? Leave a comment! Then, go check out the other great Mama Loves ideas:
The whole time I was making the board, I was humming Jackson 5's "ABC"....
"ABC...easy as 1, 2, 3...or as simple as do-re-mi..."
But it's Christmas, so instead of going with the obvious song choice this week for Songs That Make Us Sing, I am choosing another more seasonally-appropriate Jackson 5 tune: