Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF and more gratitude...

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that, each day during the month of November, I am posting something I am thankful for.

On...

Tuesday, I was thankful for--my family--all of them. Without them, I don't know what I would do. They are my world.

Wednesday--the changing seasons: the color of the leaves, the crispness in the air, and the frost on the grass.

Thursday---my husband. He is handsome, hardworking, and beneath the sometimes stubborn exterior, he has a soft, caring heart. He's an amazing father and my best friend. Marriage is not always easy, but it's definitely worth the ride.

and

Friday--my job. I am lucky to have a job that not only supports my family but allows me to serve by sharing my craft with others. That said, I am still very thankful for Fridays!

All of this intentional sharing of gratitude got me thinking about some other "thankful" status updates I could have shared this week:

This week I was thankful for--


My babies who do the goofiest things.


The restaurants and their staffs who provided us sustenance and service this week.

The unexpected surprise of finding a restroom with toilet seat covers.

Caller ID to save me from telemarketing phone calls I don’t have time to answer.

Phone calls from friends I hadn’t talked to in a long time.

Color-safe bleach.

My car, my home-away-from-home.


Trash cans at gas stations that help motivate me to give my car an impromptu, overdue clean-out.

Erasers—for my calendar and for my walls and for my memory.

The joy that comes with cracking open a bottle of new shampoo.

My two left feet that happily danced with my little girl during her first dance class ever.

Fake nails that make my real ones look so much better.

My brother and his wife who took time to visit Emily at her first dance class.

My brother and his wife who are bravely attempting a sleepover with the babies tonight.

Reminder letters to prompt me to schedule necessary check-ups.

Colleagues who help me out in a pinch.

New words from the babies at the most unexpected times.


An afternoon change of plans.

Rain.

Rain that kept us from trick-or-treating (and getting candy that mommy and babies didn’t need).

Forgiveness.

Sleep.


Talking about books with some cool middle school students during a school visit this week.

Hearing Drew say “mommy.”

Stories of ex-girlfriends who make me look saner.

Baby hugs and kisses.

Impetuosity that led me to finally register for a yoga class.

Catalogs in the mail to inspire a wish list for Santa.

Swings and days warm enough in November to swing.


My sister who made me laugh with her FB status message today: “Today I am thankful for Facebook. It makes dysfunctional people perfect, nosey people friends, and relationships magical.”

8 comments:

jen@ living a full live said...

I love the whole toilet seat cover gratefulness thing, I have upon occasion rushed into a public rest room thought oh thank goodness for those tissue thingies. Some women can be such slobs!

Kiddies are adorable BTW!

Brad Jenkins said...

I could have sworn you were going to say the joy that comes with cracking open a bottle of wine.

We have a similar easel and I can't imagine how he managed to crawl up in there.

Johanna said...

Your sister is a wise woman... must run in the family!
And, you definitely have lots to be thankful for!

Kristen said...

Love it! Yes for warm november days. Yes for facebook drama :) (and not having it!) Yes for toilet seat covers. Yes for awesome colleagues. Yes for all of it.

Kristen

Holly Ann said...

My favorite was "Stories of ex-girlfriends who make me look saner." LOL!

Dvr Dame said...

You have a lot to be thankful for. I like making fun of my husband's ex-girlfriends too. Where would he be without me? lol

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I know it might seem trite to list some of those "things" on our Thankful lists, but it's great to step back and appreciate things like new shampoo and caller ID.

And I love that FB status from your sister...ain't that the truth?!!! ;)

RoryBore said...

LOL....your sister has a great sense of humour! And I also have the same easel....all I can say is...How on Earth??? LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...