Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Unwrapping Our Gifts

Several things make me particularly sentimental: alcohol, birthdays, and holidays.

Since it’s Tuesday morning, I can’t blame the wine, so the recent rush of sentimentality must be related to the fact that Thanksgiving is Thursday and I have a big birthday on Sunday.

As I stare down the backside of my thirties, I have nostalgically started taking stock of the many gifts in my life.

1. Each person in my life is a gift (I am resisting the urge to...quote...No, I can’t resist: “Some as they enter; others as they leave”).

2. Seriously, the older I get, the more I learn to appreciate the individual talents and quirks of others.

3. I have some amazing family and friends (online and in real life) who teach me, entertain me, and inspire me daily.

4. I think we often don’t give ourselves enough credit for the intangible gifts that make us the special individuals we are.

5. I want my children to learn to recognize and appreciate differences while being confident enough to embrace what makes each of them unique.

(See, I warned you it was getting sappy around here!).

With all of this emotion swirling around, I decided to celebrate my birthday, the holidays and all the gifts in my life through a special holiday blog series that centers around the "gifts" we all possess. My idea is to have guest bloggers share an idea/story/tip/etc that illuminates their individual gifts and that is related to the holiday season in some way.

Image Credit


Do you...
• have a gift for hospitality? Why not share a recipe, tips for creating a meal on a budget, ways to survive the holidays?

• have a gift of reflection? Want to share something important you have realized about the holidays? A touching story from your past?

• have the gift of humor? Have a funny story to tell? A how-to guide to surviving holiday stress?

• have a gift for ministry? How about sharing ways you remember and remind your family of the real meaning of the season?

• have a gift for storytelling? Why not share a tale of Christmas past, present, or future?

• have a gift for service? Why not share how you will be serving others this holiday season and how we can help?

• have a gift of creativity? What about sharing craft ideas for the kids, holiday decorating on a budget, or your one-of-a-kind Christmas tree?

I am excited about the response I have received so far (including one finished post from Ginger!).

I know you’re going to love unwrapping reading each gift guest post.

I would love to include as many of my readers as possible. You certainly don’t have to be a blogger to participate. (I am excited to announce that my mom, sister, best friend, and my husband have all agreed to be a part of “Unwrapping Our Gifts.”)

The beautiful thing is you don't have to be anybody but the fabulous YOU that you already are.

Interested? Email me!

Excited for the first post? Check back on Tuesday for the first official installment of Unwrapping Our Gifts!

3 comments:

championm2000 said...

Just as I hit publish, I received two more entries...

THANK YOU, Rebecca and Chrissy!

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

I can't wait to unwrap the GIFTS!!!

Happy Early Birthday Girlfriend!!!

Great list BTW!

championm2000 said...

And another (great) one from Christina!!

This is going to be good :-)

THANK YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...