Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yes, this is MaMe Musings...

Notice anything new?


A big THANK YOU to Liz at Sweet Simplicity Design for the much-needed blog makeover! I am loving the bright look and colors!

The new images in the header are from our favorite family photographer, Shannon White, of Lifelong Impressions. As always, THANK YOU, Shannon, for so artfully capturing our family’s story.

MaMe Musings also has hit 100 followers! THANK YOU to everyone who reads and follows! You make me smile!

When I started MaMe Musings, I had no expectation that I would enjoy blogging as much as I do; I also had no expectation that anyone would even want to read our musings.

Blogging has exceeded my expectations. I’ve had so much fun re-living the memories as I record them on the blog. I see my life through different lenses now that I am a mommy, and this blog gives me a place to record all of these seemingly random items, stories, confessions, pictures, and experiences that collectively tell our family’s story.

While it’s still my main goal to create a virtual family history book for Emily and Drew, I have also raised my expectations for this next phase of MaMe Musings.

For my readers, I hope they continue to find a connection to their own story through ours.

And, finally, I hope that I continue to grow and learn from the other wise and generous bloggers I’ve met.

In honor of MaMe Musings' new look, I am recommitting myself to this blogging endeavor. Here’s a list of what’s to come (because you know how I love me some lists)…
Have an idea for a future MaMe Musings' post? Please leave a comment--I'd love to hear your ideas!

12 comments:

Johanna said...

I love it! I loved it before, too. :) Now the fancy layout lives up to the witty content! It's beautiful!

Kathy said...

I agree with the above comment I loved it before, but my my you are so fancy now!! It looks great and is so easy and appealing to the eye!! I love your site and always enjoy my visits! Congratulaitons on 100!! You should have a cake!!! xoxo

Beth said...

Love, love, love your new look!! Great colors. Makes me incredibly jealous and makes me want to get a pretty makeover on my blog. Maybe if I actually start writing more frequently I'll reward myself...

jen@its all about me said...

Melissa,
What a lovely new design, it's so feminine, bright and inviting.

And reaching 100 followers *wow* good for you! I haven't been a follower long however I'm happy to be one of the hundred!

Looking forward to more of your great writing on your new and fancy blog!!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Your new look is fantastic!

And I somehow feel even more "kin" to you now that we got blog makeovers at the same time! ;)

I love blogging, too. Like you said, I didn't anticipate enjoying it so much, but it's really an awesome outlet for me.

Here's to many, many more!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Oh, and I LOVE the new pictures at the top!!! Awesome!

Mama Max said...

What a great new look... fabulous!

RoryBore said...

loves it!
looking forward to all that's to come!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

LOVE....LOVE....L-O-V-E the new look! Liz IS awesome...

I am so looking forward to all your upcoming blog posts...sitting on the edge of my seat here! :)

Olusola said...

I'm clicking the "Like" button. Me likey the new blog design and look forward to more moments & confessions

Miss Megan said...

It looks great!!! Love the new look!!
And good for you for hitting 100 followers! You go girl!!! I've been sitting at 48 for longer than I'd like to admit!

Julia said...

Love your new look! It makes me want a new banner with updated pictures. Maybe I'll have to give Liz a shout ;)

Thank you for being a loyal Mama Loves link-up-er :) I so very much appreciate it! You always have a great ideas to share! I thought of you as I walked into our used bookstore on Monday; they had tons of trunkis for sale there! I knew exactly what they were because of you!

100 followers---that's awesome! What a milestone! What's wonderful about that is that, for you, getting lots of followers isn't your focus (though it's nice, of course, and stings when people un-follow), but you still have so many people that want read about your life, and appreciate your honesty and genuine voice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...