Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sweet Treat

We have been in a baby breakfast rut lately.

Since the Great Egg Strike of 2011, we have struggled to find something else that is quick and easy for busy mornings.

We've been rotating plain pancakes, french toast, and waffles along with different fruit choices. So far, we have avoided any syrup. Recently, we tried peanut butter on toast, but Emily and Drew weren't fans of the consistency.

In an effort to inject a little more variety, we decided to sweeten up the french toast deal by incorporating two of the babies' favorites--dipping and yogurt.

Since learning how to dip food into ketchup on the cruise, the babies have become quite the dippers. And, we know how much they like yogurt!

Since we don't have time to do a complete bath in the mornings, we just give them a small amount of yogurt along with their toast or waffles. Very little clean-up is required. Sweet!



Linking up this week with Julia of Pontifications of a Twin Mom for Mama Loves!
Manic Mother



This beautiful fall Saturday was as sweet as french toast dipped in yogurt. So to celebrate Saturday sweetness, here's a song that makes me sing!


Linking up with Ginger and Rebecca for "Songs That Make Us Sing Saturdays."

6 comments:

Olusola said...

I love those earth's best french toast. I think they're so convenient. Unfortunately, one of my babies does not share my opinion - she always spits it out

Kathy said...

Great idea! I love it when they learn to dip, they are so proud of themselves!! Breakfast can be a tough one, and I have kids who boycott once loved foods too! Glad things are going well for you and your beautiful family!!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That song is really irresistible! :)

Fortunately our girls really like oatmeal and cream of wheat...that's the grain I usually rotate. They eat eggs about 5 mornings a week (scrambled, with cheese), and a couple of days I substitute cottage cheese for those. And there's always, fruit, of course. Can't eat a meal without fruit! ;)

French toast is usually our Sunday family breakfast. In fact, my mouth is watering already, just waiting on time for breakfast!

Julia said...

I've been looking for some convenient breakfast alternatives. I'm going to have to give those Earth's Best a shot. And, dipping in yogurt? Brilliant! I'll be borrowing that idea too! :)

RoryBore said...

My toddler will eat anything as long as you give her some "dithig" sauce. LOL

One of my most favourite songs. I just can't sit still when it plays.

B. said...

Yogourt dipping is a great tip. We'll give it a shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...