Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Confessions

I confess:
Emily wasn’t the only one whose head was hurting last Saturday morning. Mommy had a little too much wine Friday night.


I confess:
We ate two home-cooked meals this week—thanks to my mother-in-law coming to visit. That was two more than the week before.

I confess:
I am eating all the words I said about not putting a baby in the bed with us. Drew has been waking up every morning at 6, and every morning, I go get him and put him in our bed until the real alarm clock goes off. Look at his face...how can I resist?


I confess:
A couple of days this week, I left the babies at daycare a little longer than necessary. One day I went to Starbucks; another day I cleaned the house so they could tear it up later.

I confess:
I am including this picture just because it makes me smile. We all were enjoying an age-appropriate Starbucks’ treat I picked up during my aforementioned solo trip.


I confess:
As much as I don't want to be that parent, in public places like The Cheesecake Factory, Emily often gets what she wants when she screams. Seriously, she is the kind of screamer that gets kids banned from restaurants.


I confess:
I was a militant consumer today when I called the hospital and then the insurance company to voice my displeasure over a $519 bill for a single x-ray. Correction, it wasn't for the x-ray. That was $29. It was for the 10 minutes they used the room to take ONE x-ray! Robbery. That's what it is. I am still trying to figure out how to be civilly disobedient without ruining our credit or breaking up with Drew's orthopedist.

I confess:
I finally renewed my tags this week after a cop who rode behind me for three miles scared me straight.

I confess:
I am teaching my children to assume culturally-constructed gender-specific roles. This week Emily got a baby doll and Drew got a four wheeler. We encourage Emily to ride the 4-wheeler, but we've never asked Drew if he wants to play with the doll.



I confess:
I let the babies eat salsa. They wanted to dip their chips. Surprisingly, they loved it (despite the painful expression in this picture).



I confess:

I am looking forward to a long-overdue date night tomorrow even though it means leaving the babies with my mom who has an injured leg. I am packing the baby leashes and taking her some extra strength Tylenol.

I confess:
I’m just kidding about the baby leashes.

11 comments:

jen@its all about me said...

I am sending the salsa pix to my daughter who is a germ fanatic, she won't let her kids double dip. I'm kinda a let them jump right in kinda mom/grandma like you, and it's left me wondering where did she come from?!!

I tell my grand sons when they're with me they can spit in the salsa for all i care.... it's fine with me.

They think I'm cool :)

Danielle said...

I love this post
! so fun and honest! My son would eat whole lemons and limes when he was a baby. We would watch and laugh at his faces,but he loved it. I totally understand letting them enjoy the salsa. Why not if they loved it:>

Tasha said...

I am guilty of most of these and will say it PROUDLY....I did use the leash!!!! When you are a Momma of TWINS you do what you gotta do. I didn't care that I looked like I was dragging dogs. It enable us to make it around the zoo and other BIG places without wondering where our babies were. Nothing wrong with the leash!!!! OK maybe it looks a little weird.

Dolli-Mama said...

I love the new layout! Super cute! Your pictures are awesome, I love the Starbucks treat picture! My Cadee loves salsa too! Strange... :)

Sarita said...

My kids love salsa! I do too! I hope your date night went well!

Cathy said...

I love your confessions (and the pictures)! Smart junior, salsa goood. Now if you could explain that to my 10 y.o. who hates spicy stuff!

Miss Megan said...

Laughing at your Cheesecake factory comment AND the leashes! I agree, you do what you have to do man! No judgement here!!
And my babies love them some guacamole, so I don't see salsa as any problem at all! Ha!

Holly Ann said...

I hope you really enjoy that date night! I wouldn't pay that bill either and I confess that I still took my kids to daycare this past Friday even though I had the day off. ;)

Kristy said...

Hey, at least he keeps sleeping once you bring him in the bed at that time. Do what works! More sleep is worth it!

Shell said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with baby leashes.;)

Dvr Dame said...

Nothing wrong with giving your kids salsa. Hey at least they like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...