Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Deja Boo-Boo

Back in June, Emily had a run-in with a table that resulted in a trip to the doctor for a glue suture.


This morning, we experienced a case of deja boo-boo when Emily randomly walked into the tv stand and whacked the same eyebrow in almost the exact same location. Another trip to the doctor and another dab of glue later, she is thankfully on the mend. Since the poor girl appears to have inherited her mommy's lack of coordination, Marty wants to put foam bumpers on all of the tables, and I am considering buying her a football helmet.


Here are the answers to yesterday's Two Truths and a Lie:

The fair
2. I caved in and played the “Guess Your Age/Weight/Birthday” game and won! That nice, intelligent man thought I was 29!
LIE!

I am not a glutton for punishment. There's no way I am going to pay someone to publicly humiliate me by guessing my weight OR my age! I saved the cash and bought more food.

Hair
3. We finally cut the wild sprig of hair behind Drew’s ear—the sprig we like to call his old man hair.
LIE!

As much as Marty wants to snip the sprig, I would sooner cut all my hair (including that patch of gray) off than cut that cute baby wisp.

Daycare
3. After Drew said “hot dog” in the car on the way to daycare, I had a moment of weakness and decided they could eat hotdogs with the rest of class at lunch for the first time ever.
LIE!

Drew has learned the word "hot," and everything is "hot." As cute as it is, even if he said "hotdog," he still wouldn't convince me to give him processed meat on a bun. For now, they'll continue to get turkey and cheese sandwiches on hotdog/corn dog day.

6 comments:

Anne said...

I hope Emily is ok! My son did the exact same thing when he was 1 years old! He sill has a scar to prove it!! Have a good weekend:)
~Anne

Chrissy said...

Liam did the same thIng at about that age! As for hotdogs... Those are a childhood staple!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Oh, poor baby! I hope she heals quickly...and maybe learns to be a little more careful of corners? - hey, a mama can hope!

And I'm laughing about the hot dogs! I'm really particular about what our girls eat, but they have had hot dogs twice, I think. I usually "treat" myself to grilled dogs once a year, maybe for Memorial Day or the 4th of July. Each time, the girls have had one with us...but it's a very rare occurrence (and I hope it always will be!).

Our girls have not had lunch meat yet, though. Several reasons behind that one for me, but I'll admit I'm looking forward to the occasional ease of a ham and cheese sandwich at some point! :)

Kristy said...

Oh no! Sometimes, it seems they get on a roll with injuring themselves!

Mom on a Line said...

We had foam around all of our shelves for quite a while. My son was always bumping something--usually his teeth! I hope Emily doesn't let it stop her.

Kristen said...

Yeah, we have some foam stuff on things. But - that is because of Ray. He is a sally about those things. I say - E.R.'s are cool. (Just kidding ;) So... Love the list. Love the LIEs. But, I have to tell you two things.
1. did you change your header? because it looks great and different. (If you did this like 3 weeks ago I will feel like a butt head. ...)
2. You need to take a hot dog out to the grill. let it cook. get yourself a potato hotdog roll, some cheese, ketchup, and mustard, ... close your eyes... and fall in love. :)

One more thought. Want to go with me to BlogHer in August? in NYC? Let's do it. :)
Kristen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...