Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nothing could be finer...

than to be back in Carolina!

This week I am loving the fact that we are home! But I am also happy to share a new Mama Loves product that we discovered as part of our recent travel adventures: the Trunki.

Visit Trunki Site


The Trunki by Melissa and Doug is a "lightweight, sturdy, carry-on sized suitcase serves as luggage, riding toy, and transport for kids on the go!"

"Trunki allows children to scoot along on their luggage through the airport or train station" or cruise terminal.

The week before the cruise we bought Emily and Drew Trunkis at a local toy store that carries Melissa and Doug products. You can also buy cute stickers, including some travel destination ones, to customize your Trunki.




Marty was skeptical when we first purchased them. He thought they were too small to be practical. He also thought the babies were really too small to enjoy them.

Using the vacuum storage bags, I was able to condense each child's clothing down until the bag fit comfortably inside the Trunki. They are definitely more roomy than they appear.

The babies also loved pulling them (even if just for a little while), and they also used them as toys once they were unpacked (providing them with yet another thing to climb on).


We were a little disappointed when the Trunkis arrived to our room missing a few pieces (a clasp and a horn handle) after checking them with the cruise line. Maybe we shouldn't have checked them...

But, they were still very useable.

After we got home, I called Melissa and Doug to inquire about replacement pieces. I was blown away by the superior customer service. The lady was super helpful, and instead of sending us replacement parts, they are sending us new Trunkis. She asked that we mail the others back so their QA department can investigate and make necessary improvements. Melissa and Doug have new fans!

We are looking forward to using the Trunki for travel for several years to come!

Manic Mother



While we want to raise children who love to travel and explore new places, I also pray that they'll always appreciate and value the comfort of home.



10 comments:

Sarita said...

Can't you just see the sunshine can't you just feel the moonshine. So glad to be from the Carolinas!

Samantha said...

I've seen the Trunki in stores and have always wondered about them. Thanks for sharing!

cherrypietwins.blogspot.com

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That looks like a great find, and that's definitely awesome customer service from M&D!

And I so agree...I hope our girls will want to conquer the world...but always have a special place in their hearts for "home", too. :)

[And I do love me some Sweet Baby James!]

Julia said...

These are fantastic! Coming off our first vacation a couple weeks ago, it would have been awesome to have had something like these for our girls. There were times in the hotel room when they needed something to play with. We packed a few toys, but having the suitcase actually BE a toy is genius!

Awesome customer service from Melissa & Doug!!

Brad and I love to travel. We want to instill that love in our girls too. Based on our first trip, I see that they already are great travelers---I think we both breathed a collective sigh of relief on that point. It sounds like your twins are good at traveling too :)

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Those look FABULOUS!! I wonder if I can get them in Canada...hmmmm!

This song put a little lump in my throat...I hope my kids venture out into the world, brave and prepared but HOME is ALWAYS where they hand their hearts!

Thanks sooooo much for linking up!

Happy Weekend!

Holly Ann said...

Oh, those things are cool! If I ever get brave enough to take my children anywhere, I'll look into purchasing some of those.

Rebecca Burton said...

Those are nifty! Hmm... Maybe I need to looking into those for our trip to Disney next fall.

And I love that song. I have never been to the Carolinas.... Might need to take another trip next year.

Kristy said...

What a fabulous idea that thing! Glad you are home and that it feels so good.

Olusola said...

Good feedback. I saw them on sale on amazon last week and really was tempted to click the "buy" button

Andrea said...

Hey Girlie!!! Oh my goodness!! All and all it sounds like you had a GREAT vaca!! So happy for you!! Good times!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...