Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Slumber Party!

This post is going to be short.

You see, I am tired.

Tomorrow’s another early day, and last night I stayed up way too late.

Partying.

On a Sunday night.

Slumber partying.

That’s right.

We all stayed up way past our bedtime, partying the night away at my parents’ house.

Mama’s Sunday dinner, countless seals slaughtered during repeat Shark Week shows Marty forces us to watch, kiddie swings, Daddy riding the babies on the golf cart, old-school Pac Man, my sister, my nephew, my husband, and my mama and daddy, two babies: two busy babies then two sleeping babies, Lincoln Lawyer and Matthew McConaughy, talking too loudly while the movie is playing, Battleship on the kitchen table, blankets on the floor, Tanner sweet-talking me for the Snuggie, Marty putting his foot in his mouth, heart-to-heart talks on the front porch, making plans for a family compound—complete with a pool and a bowling alley, milkshakes at midnight, falling asleep in my clothes, sleeping like you can only sleep when you are with the ones you love—at home, waking up to the sound of baby alarm clocks, coffee with my daddy, early morning car ride home before starting another day of grown-up work.

This week I love being a kid (again).



"The wise know the value of friendship, and that it is wisdom to be a friend to oneself too." -A.C. Grayling

Welcome to Week 9 of "What I Love About Me!" hosted by Twins Plus One, Three Times the Fun and Twingle Mommy!

Here's how it works -
Write a post about what you love about yourself this week and then add it to the linky list below. This is intended to be a time and place for each of us to stop criticizing ourselves for a few minutes and actually remind ourselves of the characteristics we are proud to own. So go ahead, look in the mirror, and see yourself through your loved one's eyes. Notice the beauty first. Here's your place to shine!

A few simple guidelines -

Please follow the two hostesses. If you are a new follower, please comment so we can follow you too! :)
We'd love it if you posted the button and the linky list, but it is not mandatory. The button code is on my left sidebar.
Feel free to link to your homepage or your specific "What I Love About Me!" post. We want this to be a fun, relaxing hop so we'll accept all links as long as they are family-friendly. Thanks!
The linky will be open all week so feel free to link-up on your own time!

Photobucket



What do you love about you this week??

5 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Another fantastic post...and what a good time it sounds like that was! Appreciate being able to "go home"...that's such a great gift for you and your babes. :) :)

Andrea said...

Love this girlie!! What a fun fantastic time!

I notimated your blog for an bloggy award! http://mollyandluke.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-love-me-some-blogger-love.html

Holly Ann said...

That must've been really nice! Sometimes the lack of sleep is worth it, right? :)

Miss Megan said...

That. Sounds. FANTASTIC! And SO worth it!!! Ah, to have a slumber party at home and be a kid again!!
Jealous!!!
Glad you had a great time. . .and boo for back to work today. . .=)

Shell said...

Sounds like you had a fun time!

We watched Lincoln Lawyer this weekend- I really liked it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...