Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Measures of the Madness

According to five of my most-telling organizational gauges, I am currently not managing my affairs very efficiently right now. Here's how I know when life is moving too quickly (or MaMe is moving too slowly)...

When my purse looks like a trash can full of balled-up receipts, pens without caps, and a cell phone cover missing the cell phone


When a pile of shoes is collected at the bottom of the stairs in hopes of one day being returned to their rightful place in an upstairs closet.



When we spend way too much time frantically searching for at least two of the ten sippy cups we own



When our fridge is either bare because we haven't been to the grocery store or overflowing with containers of unknown contents, veggies with growths that shouldn't be there, shelves covered with gunk, and sippy cups we thought were lost


When the floor board of my car is covered in mail that never made it inside. No, I haven't seen the cable bill, the light bill, the water bill, but I do know where the Bed,Bath, and Beyond coupon is...



What are your "measures of the madness," your "organizational gauges"? When do you know it's out of control?




Thank you to Becky Jane at Rise Above Your Limits for giving me my first guest blogger opportunity ever!

6 comments:

Mom on a Line said...

How did you get in my refrigerator! Seriously, I know life is out of control when there are no clean tops to the sippy cups (have way more cups that tops) and must dig through the clothes dryer to find clean pants for my son!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I know things are out of control when my countertops look like the floorboard of your car! :) I get so aggravated at myself, too...the kitchen is where I spend 95% of my waking time when I'm alone...I really should keep it as much of an "oasis" as possible...and piles of mail are not what I want to constitute that gorgeous crystal spring in my little desert! (Did that make any sense? I was trying to be poetic...hahaha!!!)

Beth said...

Definitely the purse/diaper bag!

Right now I'm sure you could find old receipts, empty gold fish packages, broken crayons... I'm afraid to look and discover what else is floating at the bottom of my bag right now. You could get a pretty decent snapshot of how smoothly (or not) my life is going by checking out my bag!

Andrea said...

I hear you sister!!

There is a catch all space in my kitchen and laundry room that I have to take the time to clean out every couple of months!

Holly Ann said...

Haha!! I can relate to every one of those! Glad I'm alone in my madness! :)

Johanna said...

Yep. My most embarrassing one is when I can no longer see the floor in my walk-in closet because the laundry has piled up that much. I once had a mountain of laundry several feet deep and had to go to a laundromat to get it all done. I'm so un-domestic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...