Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mango-licious

This week I am linking up with Julia from Pontifications of a Twin Mom for her fabulous new meme: Mama Loves. Each Saturday she invites mamas to share “one or several things that have helped make "mama-ing" just that much better during the week.”

Manic Mother


This week, I am loving my new Pampered Chef Mango Wedger!

The babies love mango; unfortunately, MaMe doesn’t love cutting them up. I struggled to find a good way to cut it up so I wasn’t wasting half of the precious fruit. We usually end up with a mangled mango mess.

Not anymore!


The mango wedger makes easy business of slicing a mango. Here is a quick demo from my very own “test” kitchen!

Warning: Handle the wedger with extra care. I was so giddy with excitement over my new kitchen tool that I didn't pay enough attention while washing the wedger. Let's just say it will slice your finger just as easily as it does a mango.


Since I have mango on the brain, I picked a mango-inspired song by one of my favorite artists for my Song That Make Us Sing Saturday choice. Thanks Ginger from (not) Just Another Mom of Twins and Rebecca from Because I'm the Mommy for reminding me to sing every Saturday!



Songs That Make Us Sing

8 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

We have one of those, although I think it's OXO brand. I agree...it's awesome!!!

And I do love me some mangoes! ;)

Rebecca Burton said...

HA! I always love seeing what you come up with; and who doesn't love a little Jimmy Buffet (and a little mango) in the morning?

Andrea said...

Yummy! I totally need one if those! Sorry you cut your finger..hope it isn't too bad! Happy Saturday! :)

Twinside Out said...

What a great gadget! Hope your finger heals quickly. :(

Julia said...

Oh my goodness! I have GOT to get one of these! My girls, especially Hadley, LOVE, LOVE mango (and so does Mama!). Ouch about your finger. At least you don't have to worry about it getting dull anytime soon :)

I love that you tied Jimmy Buffett in---perfect! Thanks so much for linking up! Have an awesome weekend!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

I have so got to get me one of those!!!! I love mangos but HATE preparing them...thanks for the tip!

Love the "jimmy" song too! Thanks again for linking up with us...it's been a 3 person party for some time no...LOL!

Holly Ann said...

Oh, that thing is so cool! I might just have to get one of those! I never buy mango just because it's so hard to cut.

Dvr Dame said...

That's a great gadget!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...