Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Way Back When-esday: First Father's Day

Special thanks to Cheryl at Twinfatuation for hosting the Way Back When-esday link-up!


Today we are going back a year to Father's Day 2010. The babies were about two weeks old. For Marty's Father's Day present, I wanted to get the babies' footprints done at a local pottery place. Leaving the house with them for something other than a pediatrician's appointment was a big deal. How neurotic was I? I made Marty go into the pottery shop and make sure it wasn't full of people before I would take the babies in!





We ended the big trip out of the house by picking up Outback to go since I was still too nervous to take the babies out in public.

This Father's Day was all about rest. We started our day with a trip to a pancake house for breakfast. It's always nice when someone else takes care of the cooking and clean-up. Then, we had a lazy day at home since Marty's Father's Day request was to just rest as much as he wanted. We happily obliged.

5 comments:

Johanna said...

I'm a weirdo and tried to go back to last year... you weren't quite blogging yet in June. :) I wanted to see how the little plate turned out. Did you get good footprints? I'm impressed that you took them out to do it. Tiny footprints are the cutest!

Tasha said...

I'm impressed that you took them to do something like that at two weeks.
I did get out with the boys when they were little because we had no family around. I had to keep living, BUT not at two weeks.
So what did you make with their footprints?

Andrea said...

OMG, those feet look so darling?!?! Hard to believe they had feet that small!! How soon I forget!! Perfect first fathers day gift! Happy Wednesday!

Janice said...

What wonderful photos and blogging about them is a great way to chronicle then revisit these precious memories any time!

hsvihl said...

New follower from What I love about me blog hop. Be sure to follow back and be sure to check out my giveaway.

hsvihl.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...