Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Living on (or falling off) the Edge

This week Drew fell accidentally.


This week I fell (repeatedly) on purpose.


Drew’s fall started when I put him on the bed for fun.

Image Credit


My fall started when I decided I needed a little more fun.

Image Credit


Drew’s fall happened when I wasn’t paying attention to the big things.

My fall happened when I stopped worrying about the little things.

Drew’s fall made him scream in pain.

My fall made me scream in delight.

Drew’s fall filled me with scary fear.

My fall filled me healthy fear.

Drew fell not even two feet.

I fell 205 feet.

Image Credit


Drew’s fall happened in slow motion.

My fall happened at approximately 70 miles per hour.

Drew’s fall made me feel like a bad mommy.

My fall made me feel like a kid again.

Drew’s fall gave him carpet burn on his nose.


My fall gave me a tingle in my tummy.


Drew’s fall made my heart stop.

My fall made my heart beat faster.

Drew’s fall reminded me to pay attention to the important things.

My fall reminded me to pay attention to the fun things.


Drew’s fall showed me that life can change in a second.

My fall showed me that change can be good.

5 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

What a fantastic post! So glad you enjoyed yourself...and were able to reflect on it, even more importantly!!! :) :)

And of course I'm glad Drew is OK. I hate to say that our girls have had their share of falls (and continue to have their share...). It can be terrifying, but we just do the best we can. We can't think of every.single.last.scenario, or be on top of them every.single.moment. We do the best we can, and by the grace of God hope that they'll be OK. (And my pediatrician once said that's why their little heads are like ping-pong balls, although I don't want to take that one to the bank...HA!)

mommyslounge said...

This is such an insightful post! Great idea to contrast the two "falss." Awesome. Just awesome.

Andrea said...

Those first 2 pictures are priceless! Sounds like an eventful week! So glad Drew is fine and mommy had a blast! Have a great weekend!

Holly Ann said...

I love this post. I love how you wrote it - so creative and so poignant. I certainly hope your baby heals quickly. My kids have certainly taken a few similar falls. But, I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of your falls. :)

By the way, I'd love it if you came by to link up with our blog hop this week: "What I Love About Me!" Mondays

Mary said...

What a fun post!!

I love roller coasters. We went to a theme park last week with the kids and since it was just Matt and I, we opted to just do the rides with the kids. Still fun, but I did kind of miss the roller coasters.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...