Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Story Continues...

I feel like I should write some profound post for this morning in case this is my last MaMe Musing ever. However, since I have serious doubts about the rapture prediction for today, I have decided to take my chances and piece together a few random updates before I get this Saturday rolling.

What is new:
Marty and I had a date night last night that included an over-the-top meal at Bahama Breeze followed by 2 rounds of putt-putt. It appears this was a date night destined to be. One, we didn't have to wait AT ALL for a table, which never happens at BB. Two, I found a pass for putt-putt that we purchased in April 2008, so we didn't have to pay anything to play last night. Yes, I am shocked that I found it, too.

Emily took four steps for my parents last night--from the couch to the recliner. Leave it to my kid to walk for the first time for her grandma and papa instead of me. We specifically went over this topic in the car with both of them before we dropped them off. They were under strict orders to not walk for the first time while we had our first date night in weeks.

What is not new:
This post: Another October Story
This re-wind post recounts the story of the day we found out we were finally pregnant. Look back with me as I reminisce in honor of the babies' upcoming first birthday.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay :) for date night!!! Sounds like it was way fun! Boo :( for firsts steps taken at that time... She was getting back at you for not taking her to play golf!! :)

Martine said...

Your date night sounds fantastic!

Your kids are a little younger than my boy and it's fun to read stories about first steps, even though ours only happened 2 months ago it seems like forever ago now that he is RUNNING! I hope Emily does some good walking for you this weekend.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So glad you had such a fantastic date night...even if those "magical" first steps happened while you were away. Sounds like Emily was just trying to remind you who's the boss. HA!

I say "magical" in quotes because I never was sure when our girls "technically" took their first steps. I somehow expected it to be so clear, but for a couple of weeks, I watched them, wondering, "Does this count?" HA!

Samantha said...

So glad you got a date night - Hurray on behalf of all of us frazzled parents who need a break!

And the first steps? I'm sure Grandma and Papa were thrilled to see the little one walk. It probably made their day.

It's Sunday today so we all survived ;)

Samantha said...

Hi Melissa,

You've got a great blog, so it was easy for me to nominate you for a Stylish Blogger Award! Check out the details here: http://bit.ly/jgAhlJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...