Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Little Things That Make Me Stupid Excited- May Edition

Megan at Twinsomnia has posted another great Little Things That Make Me Stupid Excited list! Inspired, I decided to play along and share some little things that currently make me stupid excited.



ONE

Sperry shoes: This time of year, I am usually shoeless or in flip flops. I decided to add to my spring/summer shoe collection with a pair of shoes that go with almost everything I own. These shoes are way comfortable, and I think they may trump flip flops because I don’t have to worry about whether or not my toes are presentable in them. Now, if I can just figure out how to wear them to work…


Sperry Anglefish in Linen



TWO

The color green: Trees. Grass. Flowers. Plastic apples on my breakfast table. Pears on Emily’s new outfit.

The contrast of green and red.

If I wasn’t such a color coward, I would paint something in my house apple green.

Inspiration


THREE

Little Pink Houses of Hope: Stupid excited doesn’t even begin to express how I feel about this awesome organization! I am humbled to count Jeanine, the founder, as a close personal friend, and I am inspired every day as I watch her work tirelessly to bring her dream to life. On May 14 Little Pink Houses of Hope will sponsor its first week of beach retreats for breast cancer patients and their families. Stay tuned to MaMe Musings as we roll out some giveaways to celebrate Little Pink Houses of Hope, the first retreat week, and the belief we should all “Live Stronger, Laugh Harder, and Love Deeper.”

Little Pink


FOUR

Fresh strawberries: I love, love, love strawberries and especially FRESH strawberries. I can’t wait until Emily and Drew are big enough to go pick strawberries. A trip to the berry farm will not only be cute, educational, and fun, it will include free child labor!

Strawberries



FIVE

"Where the Boat Leaves From": This song just makes me happy. Point me in the direction of that boat dock…

So get away to where the boat leaves from
It takes away all of your big problems
You got worries you can drop them in the blue ocean
But you gotta get away to where the boat leaves from.




SIX

Guacamole hummus from Trader Joe’s:I like guacamole, and I like hummus. I now can enjoy both of these treats together with Trader Joe’s guacamole hummus. Pair with the Reduced Guilt corn chips, and I have a snack that makes me stupid excited.

SEVEN

Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect Intense Beauty Serum:It seems like just yesterday I set out on the quest to find the perfect wrinkle cream.

Actually, it was five years ago when I turned 30 and became obsessed with eye wrinkles. It was like they appeared overnight.

Recently, I was watching one of those thought-provoking, intellectual shows—I think it was Access Hollywood—and they suggested Boots No. 7 as a great alternative to those pricey celebrity brands.

A quick trip to Target and voila! I have a new weapon in my wrinkle-fighting arsenal. That makes me stupid excited, but not to the point that I wrinkle my face in delight. That would cause more wrinkles. And wrinkles are bad.

Protect and Perfect


EIGHT

Riesling:As the weather warms, I find myself putting away the merlot and enjoying a new lighter, slightly chilled adult beverage: Riesling.

It goes well with just about everything. I like it with strawberries. I like it with guacamole hummus and chips. I like drinking it while I look at green trees. I like it when I am wearing shoes and when I am not. I like it while singing about a boat and a big blue ocean or when talking on the phone with Jeanine. When I drink it, I don’t worry about wrinkles.

It’s just about the perfect summer wine.


Riesling of Choice

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I am liking that candy apple green color too! Fresh strawberries are the best....my 2 love them too! What a fun post!

Beth said...

Your list just made me stupid happy!
I love apple green (but I'm also too wimpy to have painted anything that color yet...), strawberries (just had some with the kiddos this afternoon) and the Zac Brown band. I hadn't heard this specific song before but listened and really liked it! I also am sitting reading this with a glass of Chardonnay (but I also enjoy Riesling.)
Yep, these are some of the good things in life!

Tasha said...

I LOVE this post!!!! Love the Sperry shoes. And BTW GREEN is my favorite color! Go for it......paint something green!!! Maybe an old chest or wooden chair. I recently tie dyed a tshirt in apple green! FUN!
Have a GREAT week!

Johanna said...

Mmmm... Reisling. My favorite! If you like Riesling, have you tried Moscato Dulce? Soo yummy!

Jenner said...

Terrific post! My sister is also a big fan of Reisling but I'm more of a beer girl myself. I did the "stupid things" once before and am going to have to participate again! :)

Mary said...

I'm excited to hear more about the pink little houses of hope!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

What cute shoes! I have a pair of Steve Madden flats, and I love them...even though I feel short wearing them as they're so flat! :)

And we're eating strawberries by the bucket-load these days, too. Our girls love any kind of berries, so they're enjoying themselves, too. I can't wait until they have berries at the local orchard...looking forward to some great local sweetness, and a fantastic picture opp! :)

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Zac Brown Band is one of my favorite music groups.
Yum to fresh strawberry. Hope you have a good week.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment last week and sorry it's taken me so long to come visit.

I love love LOVE apple green. What about buying a cheap something at a thrift store (chair or something) and then going wild with the green. See how you like it and then go for it.

I dare you - it's going to make you soooo happy everytime you look at it.

I have two old chest of drawer sets - one is going to go olive green (to match the bedroom) and the other I'm debating between turquoise and red (that's in my kitchen/ laundry area :))

Megan said...

My half-bath is painted apple green!!!! I loooooove it. Definitely paint a room in your house that color, you won't regret it!

Okay, I LOVE Riesling. Almost as much as Pinot Grigio. And let me know what you think of Boots No. 7! I hadn't heard of that before. I just invested in some Olay Regenerist myself, but if there's something better out there on the cheap then I want to know about it.

Thanks for joining in on LTTMMSE this month! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...