Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Walk in the Park



With highs in the 80s today, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and get out of the house this afternoon with a trip to the park.

While Marty played ball, the babies and I took the jogging stroller for a nice, easy walk. First stop--swings!





We walked the trails, talked, and sang. Emily tried to steal Drew's toy even though she had one of her own. It was one of those picturesque scenes. It was the perfect walk in the park--

right up to the point where I realized I had forgotten the diaper bag, which contained the snacks. And the bottles.

Being the quick- thinking mommy that I am, I hustled to the car, threw the babies in their car seats, and ditched the stroller with Marty. We'd just run right down the street and pick up some food. No big deal.

Well, apparently, said drug store doesn't have BIG shopping carts. Without the stroller, there was no way I was fitting two car seats into one shopping cart or two babies in the seat. I didn't even contemplate carrying both in my arms. Maybe one in the cart and one in my arms?

Oh, how I have been spoiled by the big double BJ's Warehouse shopping cart!

Again, my problem-solving skills were in high gear today because I grabbed two carts, put a baby in each, and made a cart train that chugged straight to the baby food aisle. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the cashiers. I heard them talking about me over the screams of hungry children.

Food, plastic spoons, puffs, and mum-mums...check. I cracked open the box before we even reached the check-out. Ah. Quiet except for the sweet peaceful crunching.

They were happy enough by the time we reached the parking lot that I decided to snap a picture of the cart train.



After a quick ride back to the park, we finished supper in the car since I was stroller-less. We gave new meaning to the term "fast food."



Another mum-mum for dessert, and we officially saved this park trip from ruin. Check out their orange faces. Yep. No wipes either. They didn't mind.



6 comments:

Holly Ann said...

Been there and done that myself! Great job momma! It's amazing what we realize we're capable of in a pinch.

Johanna said...

Way to improvise!

Jenner said...

WOW, Supermom!!! Love the tandem shopping cart idea!

Andrea said...

Hi there! Just found your blog! I love it! I am the mother to B/G 3year old twins. I look forward to following along! :) take care!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Hats off to you!!! I am impressed at your ingenuity...but even more so by your sense of calm!!!

I'm all about "trains" in the grocery store, though. :) I usually push the girls in their stroller and pull the grocery cart behind me. I'm a pretty decent "driver" if I do say so myself...but I still get plenty of looks.

So nice to "meet" you! :) :)

Samantha said...

Wow - way to go and talk about improvising!! It's amazing what moms can do when presented with a challenge. Especially where twins are involved. Looks like your little cuties had a great time and it was a fun adventure for them! Hats off to you, mamma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...