Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends...



Thank you--
For the calls, the positive thoughts, the text messages, the emails, the blog comments, the posts, the prayers...

While I have been too lost in my thoughts to answer them all, I have felt each of them.

I told a dear friend today that I just needed a soft place to land for a while. What I didn't realize is the softness is all around me. I just need to take off the hard jacket of fear that I have wrapped myself in and just let myself be hugged by the love of my family, friends, my husband, my babies, and my God.

We had a nice family dinner out tonight. The waiter at Cheesecake Factory brought the babies their own plate of bananas and bread. We ordered them yummy mashed potatoes. It was a comforting slice of normal.

The ride home was "soft." Marty and I had a rational conversation about our next steps. I can see that part of this journey will be about learning to work together as parents to make decisions. Imagine trying to mesh logical/analytical with emotional/intuitive motherly love.

We will be going to Shriner's Children Hospital in Greenville, SC on Tuesday to meet with a doctor who practices a plaster casting method to correcting early onset scoliosis. After getting a quick response from ISOP (Infantile Scoliosis Outreach Program), I made a spur-of-the-moment call late on Thursday afternoon. Thinking I would get a voice mailbox, I was shocked when the doctor himself answered the phone. Within minutes, he's asking me if I can meet him on Tuesday. Bring Drew, his x-rays, and clinical notes.

Of course, we hope that Drew's back is straigtening as I type. I hope that by the time we have a follow-up x-ray, there's no need for an orthopedist in Raleigh or in Greenville. But, we will hopefully have a better picture of where we are, where we might be headed.

And, when I think of the forces that brought all these things to bear so quickly, I feel that softness I long for.

Thank you.

I started this blog to document our lives, and this newest turn is just one part of a much larger, more beautiful story. I want this blog to continue to be MaMe Musings, and a medical condition does not a MaMe make. With that said, here's some of the cuteness that you've come to know and love...





This week we enjoyed another fun Kindermusik Sign and Sing class. They LOVED the ball pool. LITTLE balls and BIG balls...it was fun for ALL!





Last weekend at the Multiples consignment sale, we bought the babies a tunnel. After Drew's doctor's appointment on Wednesday, we decided to expand on the tunnel. I bought him the TOWN. The best part--the middle room is a ball pit!


At least someone got some sleep this week

and


Drew and Emily playing "gimme me" this morning

Thank you.

4 comments:

Martine said...

The twins are so cute! I just recently found your blog and read about Drew's back earlier today. I'm so happy to learn you've found the right docs and are moving forward. Thank goodness for a mother intuition!

:) Martine

Jenner said...

Your babies are so truly adorable, it overwhelms me! I am so happy to read that you have felt the out-pouring of support. You truly are surrounded by love. Looking at the photos of Drew, and trying to scrutinize them, I can't notice anything untowards about his spine. I hope that YOU catching this so early on will be a huge asset to Drew's healing. I am impressed that you spoke to a doctor and landed an appointment for him so quickly. You are a great mother, and I continue to keep your family in my thoughts. I know it must be very scary for you, but the way you are dealing with it is beyond admirable. xoxo

Sherrie Moore said...

I received these notes in an email today and have received great comfort myself from them.

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
If God had a wallet, your picture would be in it.
He sends you flowers every spring.
He sends you a sunrise every morning - face it, He is crazy about you.

Take good care.

Tasha said...

I will be praying for you all on Tuesday. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need to talk. The twin thing with this scoliosis thing was hard for me. I am here if you should need to talk. You can always send me a private email through my blog and we can exchange numbers. I am not trying to be pushy, but wanted to extend my support. You ARE doing the right thing for that sweet boy! ((HUGS))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...