Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Way Back When-esday

Yesterday Emily and Andrew turned nine months old. Today I am linking up with Twinfatuation to bring you Way Back When-esday, and we're taking it all the way back to their BIRTH-day nine months and 1 day ago.

How's this for way back? It's Emily and Drew in mommy's seriously overstretched tummy. Here I am, at my biggest, waiting to be taken to the operating room. After months of worrying about pre-term labor, I made it all the way to a long-overdue c-section at 38 weeks and 2 days. Ever wonder what 16 pounds of babies would look like? Here you go.



Here are my little babies in their first picture ever. Emily Anne at 8lbs, 6 oz, 20.5 inches long and Andrew Elliott, 7 lbs, 9oz, 20.5 inches long.



After a lifetime of waiting and a scary stay in recovery, I held and kissed my babies for the first time. There are no words.





Hello world.


This picture was taken exactly nine months ago today-- EA and AE relaxing with their daddy.



Our first family picture


Finally, for the sake of comparison, let's take it back to about five minutes ago...My, how my babies have grown.


4 comments:

Holly Ann said...

Oh my gosh! It is incredible that you were able to carry them so long and they looked so big and healthy at birth! You are one amazing mommy! ;)

Beth said...

Wow! Great job Momma! I had approx 16 lbs of baby, but I had 4!! Thank you so much for sharing those newborn pictures-- so stinkin' cute. Love the one of the two of them with Emily peaking out of one eye. Nine months goes fast...

Johanna said...

Wow! And I thought mine were big. Happy nine months to your little Emily & Drew!

Cheryl Lage said...

OH MY! Look at how gorgeous they've been from the GET-GO! Way to keep those babies in there cookin', Twin Mama!

LOVE that first family photo, too!

Thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...