Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

MaMe Music

A pregnant friend of mine recently texted me to say she was sobbing over Darius Rucker's "It Won't Be This Way For Long." I advised her to turn the station unless she just wanted a good cry. Believe me, I know, because almost nine months past delivery, certain songs (like that one) still turn me into a blubbering mess.

As Marty and I drove to the beach this weekend, we put the i-pod on shuffle and reminisced about songs that remind us of the babies. We shared a teary-eyed moment over Five for Fighting's "100 Years" and a good laugh about us making Emily dance to "Starstrukk." We wondered what Drew and Marty's version of "Anything Like Me" would be, and we both hummed Wainwright's "Daughter" all weekend. I thought of the "Voices" that I want the babies to hear, how I want them to grow up slow like "American Honey," how my love just "comes natural," and that I have so many "wishes" for them.

Which songs remind you of your family? Make you sappy? Happy?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

Holly Ann said...

Hello! I just came over from BlogFrog and I am your newest follower! I love your site and can't wait to read more from you.
The one song that makes me cry every time is "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins. It's the song I danced to with my father at my wedding. It reminds me to really soak up all these great moments with my children.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...